Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

My night in the er

Spent the night in the er after my baby girl started running a 104.2 degree temp. After two blown veins at least 8 tries to start an iv two blood draws and a lumbar puncture, we find out she has a uti. 

Todays plan is to ultrasound her kidneys and wait for more cultures, it's been a long night and will be here tonight as well. My poor girl is just miserable.  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My night in the er

• Options
    Ugh...Sorry to hear that...Your poor little girl. My son had a fever not nearly as high as your dd last week and it was so hard to watch him in so much pain...I can only imagine what you are going through. Hope everything turns out okay.
  • Options
    Oh no, I hope your little girl starts feeling better!! I can only imagine how hard it is for lo to get sick, definitely not looking forward to it. Make sure to update us!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I hope she feels better soon!  We had a similar experience last week...IV, catheter, xrays...then a positive bacteria test to have to repeat all of it -- only to find out the culture was contaminated and she had been fighting a viral stomach bug!  It is so sad to hear them cry like that!!!

Stay strong - and happy, healthy vibes your way!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    T&Ps she has a quick and healthy recovery and you all get to be home soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"