May 2011 Moms
Options

bathtub for bathing kids?

we're redoing our bathroom and trying to decide on the height of our new tub.  i have a 4-mo-old preemie so we're still using a sink bath and i'm wondering if the higher tub we want will be practical once i'm bathing kids in it.  there's a 17"-high tub and a 19"-high tub.  does anyone have a large/high tub and is it harder or easier to bathe kids in it?  we really would love a nice high tub to take baths in but i don't want to regret it if my back is breaking a year from now trying to lean over it... or maybe it will be better if it's higher so i can lean/sit on it?
Preemie mom! Born 10 weeks early but Mommy and baby are both doing great!! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: bathtub for bathing kids?

• Options
    You might have been meaning to post this on the May 2012 board, but I'll answer: we have a pretty high tub, but I don't think it's 19".  Even so, it isn't a huge deal to give baths in it.  You can use a stool if it's uncomfortable.  I'd pick the tub you want for yourself; you won't be bathing kids forever.
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options
    I agree with PP go for the tub you want for the long term. We have just a regular size tub and I honestly don't think an extra 2 inches taller would make bathing any harder. In fact the taller tub may be better because DD is always climbing out of the tub. The extra 2 inches may keep her in it a little longer or at least until she is old enough to  understand to stay in the tub. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    thanks, i like the advice to get what the adults want :)  i did mean to put this here cuz i don't know if any other may '12 moms are out of sink bathing yet so i figured a year from now is when you'd know what kind of tub you wish you had!
    Preemie mom! Born 10 weeks early but Mommy and baby are both doing great!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Even though it can be a little uncomfortable to lean over at times, I much prefer a higher tub.  We have a high one at home and a low one at my mom's , and whenever DS is in the low one, he's always splashing tons of water out (which isn't that big of a deal, just kind of annoying), and he's been able to climb in and out of it on his own for a couple months now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    you'll definitely want the higher tub for when they learn how to splash really well :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"