1st Trimester
Options

pssst...are you pregnant??

"ummm....don't you think that if I was and you were supposed to know yet i would have told you? If i am pregnant and you haven't heard it from me then that means you aren't supposed to know yet or else i don't want to talk to you about it. do you feel special because you think you can guess right if someone is pregnant?! "

"and if i'm not then you are being VERY rude and i'm offended by you calling me fat..."or "no, why?? are you??"

this is what i wish i could say to some people!

why the hell do you think you can just come out and ask if someone is pregnant?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: pssst...are you pregnant??

• Options
    image2u2wow:

"ummm....don't you think that if I was and you were supposed to know yet i would have told you? If i am pregnant and you haven't heard it from me then that means you aren't supposed to know yet or else i don't want to talk to you about it. do you feel special because you think you can guess right if someone is pregnant?! "

"and if i'm not then you are being VERY rude and i'm offended by you calling me fat..."or "no, why?? are you??"

this is what i wish i could say to some people!

why the hell do you think you can just come out and ask if someone is pregnant?  

*shrugs* that's just the way people are.

I doubt they are implying you are fat. But if you've told people you're TTC or are throwing up at work, they are bound to ask that question.

Lighten up, Franics.

"Fvuck 'em if they can't take a joke." - Bette Midler Boom Shaka Laka Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    2u2wow2u2wow member

oh i'm lightened...just a little vent from a hormonal lady today :)

people are dumb 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

With my son I let the father tell one person when we found out, and he told his best friend. His best friend then told everyone we worked with. The same day I found out, everyone at work also found out. I was ticked about it. I wasn't going to tell until I was 12 weeks because of the fear of miscarriage. I had one co-worker come up and tell me that she knew I was pregnant for about a month and a half now. (I was only four weeks.)

And I think that you should have answered with the "Why are you?"

• Options
    image2u2wow:

oh i'm lightened...just a little vent from a hormonal lady today :)

people are dumb 

Don't let it get to you. It's just begun...just wait until strangers started saying dumbsh!t. 

"Fvuck 'em if they can't take a joke." - Bette Midler Boom Shaka Laka Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yeah, I agree it's really rude.  There's no good answer.  If it's "yes", then it's "and we aren't telling anyone yet".  OR it's "no" which could be "not by choice"... 

I think for the most part people mean well, but yeah... they should keep it shut.  :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BFP #1 ~ 1/26/2010 ~ MMC @ 6w6d discovered @ 11w3d ~ D&C 3/16/10
    BFP #2 ~ 4/22/2010 ~ EDD 12/29/2010 ~ Born 12/19/2010 ~ My Rainbow Baby
    BFP #3 ~ 6/10/2012 ~ EDD 2/20/2013 ~ HB 100bpm @ 9w3d ~ M/C 7/11/2012
    BFP #4 ~ 3/16/2013 ~ EDD 11/20/2013 ~ Born 11/17/2013 ~ Rainbow Baby #2
  • Options

Oh and it begins!  Just wait till strange people want to touch your belly and then tell you their daughter's best friend's cousins' horrific birth story!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagegoldengirl2:

Oh and it begins!  Just wait till strange people want to touch your belly and then tell you their daughter's best friend's cousins' horrific birth story!

yup.  

I had one girl during my last pregnancy that insisted on yelling "hey preggo!" EVERY time she saw me (sometimes even within 10 minutes of the last yell) and constantly told me how difficult her pregnancy was and how awful mine would be.  From the bloody, poopy details to the "you can't go natural".  If she wasn't on my team I probably would have told her to STFU.  So annoying! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"