September 2012 Moms
Options

normal weight gain

Hi,

I am not sure if this is too personal but I will ask anyway :)

I am 23 weeks pregnant and I can not tell if I am gaining too much weight for the amount of time.  This is my first child and I am just nervous it seems like a lot when I think aobut it but it could be very normal.   

So I am 5'1 and before I was pregnant I weighed about 108-110. I just weighed myself and I weigh 134!  I think that is a lot......but have no idea.  Is that too much?  Is there a too much?  what is the normal rate of weight gain? 

I know my situation may be different.  I have been home bound with a broken wrist for the past 5 weeks, which made me much less active than before and also very bored with a house full of food because my family kept bringing me meals. 

I appreciate any advice or if you are willing to share I would more than appreciate that too.  Thank you all in advance

Does any one else worry about?????

Re: normal weight gain

• Options
    I've gained about the same amount, but I'm 5'6"...I'm always concerned im gaining too much, but dr doesn't seem to be concerned, yet, I go back tomorrow, so I guess we will see.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've gained the same amount approximately although I'm taller.  Also started on the thin side.  I just saw my doctor today and he confirmed I'm doing fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If you were in the normal weight range before you got pregnant, you should gain 25 to 35 lbs. total. If you were underweight, you should gain a little bit more. I'm too lazy to look up whether you were normal weight pre-pregnancy, but assuming you were, you've put on about 24 lbs. and you about 17 weeks to go. If you gain a pound a week from now until the end (and I'm not saying that you will) your total gain would be around 41 lbs. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it unless your doctor says there is a need to worry. It sounds like you're within the normal range of weight gain for where you are in the pregnancy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think your doing fine!!I am also short (5'2)but I definitively didn't weigh that little. I started with a more muscular build.So far I've gained 17 lbs and I am also 23 weeks pregnant. I worry that i'll gain too much when its all said and done.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I've gained about a whole 4-8# the entire time. I'm 22 weeks. My midwife isn't concerned because I was overweight to begin with and she wants me to gain as little as possible (within reason). I figure as long as she doesn't say "Hey, you're not gaining or you're gaining too much" and that Baby Girl looks okay, I'm good.
    You and I may not be perfect, but we're perfect for each otherAnniversary Pregnancy Ticker having a baby BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Thank you all for your responses!  They are making me feel a lot better.  I think I may have been having a paranoid hormone moment.  I will also talk to my doctor, but I asked him a couple weeks ago and he said everything is fine.....It is all in my head, I know.  but I am still concerned. 

Thanks! 

• Options
    During my pregnancy with my son I gained nearly 75 lbs and had a VERY tough time loosing the weight afterwards.  So with this pregnancy I've been almost paranoid about gaining too much weight and have been pretty careful!   Yesterday at my dr's apt I found out that I have already gained 19 lbs at 23 weeks which has me worried about gaining so much weight again. 
  • Options
    I'd say check in with your Dr. or NMW. Only they can tell you if the weight you are gaining is correct or too much. Unfortunately our opinions don't really mean a whole lot on the matter ;)

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"