1st Trimester
Options

From Mirena to Mommy questions?!!

I have had my IUD out for 1 week so far and it has been so long since I have had a period I dont know if this is spotting or the start of my cycle! Would your cycle come at a different time of the month since it has been so long? 

Has anyone out there gotten pregnant immeadiatley after having their IUD removed? If so how long did it take and what did you do to improve your chances?

My husband and I have the baby bug bad!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker

Re: From Mirena to Mommy questions?!!

• Options

From the Mirena website:

"What if I decide I want to try to get pregnant?

When you decide you want to try to have another child, Mirena can be removed by your healthcare provider at any time. It typically takes just a few minutes during an office visit. In fact, you can try to become pregnant as soon as Mirena is removed. Within a year of having Mirena removed, about 8 out of 10 women succeed at becoming pregnant."

GL to you! You may want to look into charting if you want to know when the best time to TTC will be. The ladies on the Trying to Get Pregnant board are a great resource.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I had Mirena removed in January and got my period about a week later, then had a short cycle and had a period again 3 weeks after that.  My cycle was back up to my old length of 32 days the next cycle (March) and I got pregnant in March!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My cycle resumed to normal immediately, though it takes a few months for some women to get back to their normal cycle.  It's a relatively low-dose BC so resuming your cycle will be easier than with other forms.

Useless info:  I had to have a surgical procedure to have it removed.  The strings fell off and she couldn't get it out through dilation.  I was knocked out and everything.  And even after that, it only took 1 cycle for my BFP! 

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• Options

I had my Mirena removed in June of 2011.  I didnt have a period the whole 2 years I had it in.  I got my period almost 28 days after I had it removed.  So we started to TTC.  I got pregnant in July/August and miscarried.  I got pregnant again in October but miscarried again.  My dr recommended a D&C becuase it was her belief that I had a build up of scar tissue in my uterus from not having a period for 2 years. 

I had the D&C and got pregnant the next cycle ( I am almost 8 weeks now).  I'm glad I had it done.  I dont seem to have a hard time getting pregnant it was staying pregnant that was my problem, becuase the walls of my uterus were "ugly" as my dr put it.  The egg was having a hard time attaching itself and staying attached to my uterus wall and unfortunately kept miscarrying.

Good luck to you.  I hope you dont go through what I had to go through.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you so much all of you ladies for all of your help! I will look into your tips and advice!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Hi,

I had my Mirena out Jan 18, after 3 1/2 years of having it in and not having a period.

I actually had got pregnant with it in in October, but we lost that baby at 7 weeks (no doubt because of the IUD), and we only found out about the pregnancy when I had the MC.

After getting it out, my Ob recommended waiting a couple of months to TTC, or at least until I had a "normal" period.  Mirena thins your endometrial lining, and you need to give it time to build up again enought to support a pregnancy to term.  This may account for what seems to be a high MC rate in the first few months after removal (anacdotal, based on these sites).

I got my BFP last week, after 2 months of trying (temping and using OPKs).

I would recommend waiting a couple of month.  As difficult as it is to wait to start, the pain of a MC is much more.  During the wait, you can still temp, chart and use OPKs to get to know your cycle.  That way, when you do start TTC you are that much further ahead.

Good luck to you.

PgAL (MC@7w 29/10/11 - lost you before we knew we had you)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I got mine out on October 6th and i think got pregnant around the 12th....  never did get a period.  I didn't do anything to improve my chances... I'm either lucky or a baby making machine :) 

Good luck, it will happen soon I'm sure!

• Options
    I got my IUD out in October after having it in 2 years and being on depo for 5 years before that (meaning I hadn't had a period in 7 years). I got a light period 2 days after removal and had irregular periods (not abnormal for me) until we conceived in March. I'm sure it will happen for you soon I know that everyday you wait feels like forever though. GL.
  • Options

I had normal priods when I had my Mirena (maybe lighter, but regular). When I had it removed, I bled from the for almost 3 weeks nonstop! It was horrible. THat was at the end of February.

We were trying to use the rhythm method to NOT get pregnant for a little while, but we conceived in April and are very excited.

I would recommend waiting a couple months, as my doctor told me, so that your uterine linig can thicken back up.

Hochari Tarpu chonge wanga
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"