December 2012 Moms
Options

First appointment today...

Just back from my first appointment and I am bummed. I am eight weeks and no ultrasound yet! I see some ladies at 6 weeks having them, and it just a little disheartening to have to wait AGAIN, after the first four week time frame. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer...just want to vent.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: First appointment today...

• Options

Boo! I have my first appointment tomorrow and I am hoping for an u/s, so we will see. I am fairly certain he is going to give one. But I will be bummed if they don't.

I am sure by the time you get to have your u/s, you will get to see so much more activity! I have a friend that is almost 13 weeks and she still hasn't had her first u/s. Every office is different. 

How did it go other than no u/s?  :) 

• Options

A lot of the girls that you see with early ultrasounds have been to their RE.  I know it can be frustrating to wait - I have a December 1 EDD, so you would think that I would have been one of the first to have the u/s, and it was so frustrating to see all of the girls due later than me have theirs first. 
    Just think of it this way... when you DO have your first u/s, you will have so much more to see.  At first, I was bummed that I had to wait ten weeks before the first.  When I went in though, it was COMPLETELY worth the wait.  I was able to see my pumpkin seed moving around and then watched as baby went back to sleep.  I know that if I had been in much earlier, I would not have had the completely amazing first experience that I had. 

F15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Decoration Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Natalie Ann is on her way!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    13 weeks?!?! I would be going nuts! Overall the appointment was good, just kind of mentally checked out once she said no u/s lol...all will be ok, and nothing to do but look onto the next one! Good luck with yours tomorrow..hoepfully one of us can have one this week:)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageCatLadyTX:

A lot of the girls that you see with early ultrasounds have been to their RE.  I know it can be frustrating to wait - I have a December 1 EDD, so you would think that I would have been one of the first to have the u/s, and it was so frustrating to see all of the girls due later than me have theirs first. 
    Just think of it this way... when you DO have your first u/s, you will have so much more to see.  At first, I was bummed that I had to wait ten weeks before the first.  When I went in though, it was COMPLETELY worth the wait.  I was able to see my pumpkin seed moving around and then watched as baby went back to sleep.  I know that if I had been in much earlier, I would not have had the completely amazing first experience that I had. 

That's amazing! Good way of looking at it, and definetely more excited to see what it looks like! Thanks:)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Can you not request an u/s? I feel like a doctor would do it if you just asked.
  • Options
    I did ask for one and she said my uterus was turned completely yet to get a view of the baby yet...I don't know. She explained it, but I forget the exact the terminology. This is all out of my element with it being my first pregnancy, so I am not sure it this is out of the norm but she made it seem like it was pretty common and wasn't phased by it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Right there with you. My 1st appt isn't until the 17th, so I have wait till i'm about 10 1/2-11 wks for my 1st appt and then till I'm 20wks for my 1 and only u/s!! Exciting to see other people get to see their little bobbles, bu tbummed I have to wait so long to see mine.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"