Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Fever and fussy after 2 month shots?

we had our 2 month shots yesterday. Today he is insanely fussy, running a fever, and barely eating. He also threw up 2x and had a bloody nose, maybe unrelated, idk. Normal?

Re: Fever and fussy after 2 month shots?

• Options
    Fussiness, not eating, and fever are normal. My LO was the same. Not sure about the other symptoms though. I would call the doctor.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

fever, fussiness, and not eating are normal after shots. I dont think a bloody nose is normal though....Maybe the air is too dry? I would ask the pedi. My mom and aunt gave me a neat little tip for when my baby gets shots. They said an hour before time for his shot to give him baby tylenol. It will help with everything and make him feel better.

The spitting up might be from your baby just being really upset from their symptoms, but I would ask about that as well.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Fever and throwing up are normal unless it's extreme. If diapers are still consistent it's probably not too harsh, fussiness is normal (how would you feel?) but unless there is a clear reason for the nosebleed I would call the dr. most pediatricians also have a 24 hour nurse hotline which can be a blessing all its own. Utilize what is offered, if they didn't want you to use it they wouldn't have created it. 
  • Options
    imageamalhyatt:

fever, fussiness, and not eating are normal after shots. I dont think a bloody nose is normal though....Maybe the air is too dry? I would ask the pedi. My mom and aunt gave me a neat little tip for when my baby gets shots. They said an hour before time for his shot to give him baby tylenol. It will help with everything and make him feel better.

The spitting up might be from your baby just being really upset from their symptoms, but I would ask about that as well.

There have been studies done showing that giving Tylenol before vaccines can reduce the effectiveness of the vaccines.  My pedi only recommends giving Tylenol after shots if LO has a fever of 100 or higher.

OP, fussiness, not eating, sleeping a lot, and fever are all normal after shots.  I might give the pedi a quick call about the other stuff going on just to check in. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"