3rd Trimester
Options

swollen feet relief?

I looked down at my feet last night in the shower and I couldn't believe it! I've had little to no swelling so far and now my feet look like sausages. I had them up all night while I slept on a mountain of pillows. The swelling went down a bit but not much. I have to work all day on my feet. Do any of you lovely ladies have any tricks to help get the swelling down??

Re: swollen feet relief?

• Options

Get your feet up! I'm a CNA and a nursing student. That's what we tell people! So go lay on the couch or in a recliner or in bed with your feet on some pillows. 

You might also look at your salt intake because that too can cause you to have more swelling. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Compression stockings
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMDmama519:
    Compression stockings

I agree T.E.D hose work wonders (they are not the pretty things to wear)

Anniversary Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Options

I am experiencing the same thing. My doc told me today that if you have the opportunity to lay on your left side a couple times throughout the day that will help.

I am just glad the wether is getting warmer sinc ei can't fit my sausage feet into shoes any more and now can only wear flip flops...and my feet barely fit into those.

Good luck!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I randomly had very swollen feet/ankles for about two weeks and now it's completely gone. Limiting salt, walking, more water and resting really seemed to have no impact - it just kept getting worse! I swear mine is complete gone since I started wearing my boyfriend's Adidas sandals. I haven't had swelling in about 5 days now. I refuse to wear any other shoes!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Feet propped up so they are above your heart. Mine have gotten to the point now that nothing works. They stay swollen just not as bad. 

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options
    I don;t recognize my feet anymore! Definately relax and put up your feet... also wear comfy shoes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    One more vote for compression hose.  The 15-20 compression kind have worked great for me.  The "skin tone" ones are fairly hideous, but the black ones look a lot like regular black knee his.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"