March 2012 Moms
Options

Introduction and question for STMs

Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to reintroduce myself, my laptop crashed several months back and my DH and I just now were able to afford a new one with our tax refund.  So I have not been on here since we were probably all like early 2nd trimester.  Anyway, my name is Courtney and my DH and I live in Oklahoma.  We are having a little girl, Camryn Elizabeth, due on March 19th.

So my question for STMs is how long do you remember it taking for your hormones to get back to normal after delivery?  I am reading all this stuff about horrible nightsweats and hives and all these other symptoms and it's freaking me out! 

Re: Introduction and question for STMs

• Options

Hormone wise, I felt pretty erratic until about 8 weeks PP. It's rough, but honestly, you don't even notice it. You're so consumed with your baby PP, you don't have time to realize you haven't showered for three days.

For me, the most annoying things were the amount of sweating and the hair loss. But since I was living in a nursing tank and a ponytail, it was entirely manageable.

Good luck!

• Options
    Welcome back! Sorry I don?t have any advice for you but I?m from Oklahoma as well ?
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejenmae3:

Hormone wise, I felt pretty erratic until about 8 weeks PP. It's rough, but honestly, you don't even notice it. You're so consumed with your baby PP, you don't have time to realize you haven't showered for three days.

For me, the most annoying things were the amount of sweating and the hair loss. But since I was living in a nursing tank and a ponytail, it was entirely manageable.

Good luck!

I felt the same way but I don't remember it lasting that long for me. Maybe 2-3 weeks? (Or maybe I was so out of it, I just didn't realize it... Embarrassed)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Well I am at 11 days PP and very itchy and still sweaty, and the hair loss hasn't even started yet. I don't remember the night sweats lasting a long time, the itching was maybe 4 weeks and my hair didn't start to fall out until about 4 mos PP. Like many of the pregnancy symptoms, these things kind of just become your new normal until suddenly they aren't there and you think back and are glad they left.
    image        image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"