2nd Trimester
Options

bloodwork???

I just went for my second checkup and there has not been any mention of bloodwork at all. Just wondering if this was normal? I mean, I don't want to pretend I know more than my doctor but I figured there would have been something by now.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 16225_591499563778_1878407173_n

Re: bloodwork???

• Options
    I had initial bloodwork then bloodwork with my NT scan/genetic screening - I think that's it, no other bloodwork after the NT scan.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    how many weeks are you?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The only bloodwork I ever had done was for my NT scan. They took vials and vials of blood, because they were drawing for that scan, but then also drawing blood for the other tests requested by my doctor, as well.
  • Options
    I had a lot taken at the first appointment.
  • Options

After my first appointment to confirm pregnancy, I had bloodworm done, and when I did my nt scan as well. I'm getting one more in march.  

Bloodwork* 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You will probably get more bloodwork around 17 weeks...I just had my 17 week checkup and my Dr. sent me for AFP bloodwork the last bloodwork I had before that was for my NT scan besides the initial bloodwork.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Blood work has been done at my first appt. both times around at different drs.  Blood work will come again at the GD test.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Every doc is different.  With my first I had initial bloodwork when I first went in and then the AFP bloodwork at about 16 weeks.  I think that was it.

With this one I had confirmation bloodwork, then NT scan, then Quad Screen, and last one was for the glucose test.

I think it seems a little odd that there wasn't first trimester general bloodwork at least.

Edited:  With my first I also had the glucose screening bloodwork as well, forgot that one.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Options
    Hmmm.  I had blood-work on my first appointment at 9wks.  It was the standard STD test.  Other than that, I haven't had any other bloodwork.  I bypassed the screenings because I had already decided to have the more definitive testing done: CVS/amnio.  That was my personal choice.
    CafeMom Tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"