Cloth Diapering
Options

Ugh...sposies.

I have DS in sposies while I strip our BGs to see if I can kick this rash he's had for 2 weeks. but oh my gosh do they stink! We've never really used sposies before, but now I feel like my whole house smells like chemical-y diapers. Gross.
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Ugh...sposies.

• Options
    Yes! I always think DS is soaked with pee or had a blowout when he wears sposies, because they smell awful. I love that when there's a giant mess in cloth, I don't really notice until I get too close.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I thought the same thing a few weeks ago when we were going through a similar situation.

While they're particularly absorbent and trim for nighttime, I couldn't bear to use them longer than I had to! So smelly.

And the fact that they are really squishy when they're wet grosses me out.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Once I accidentally washed one and the little pellets used are disgusting as well.  I hated whenever I used paper diapers (they always felt like paper, or something just not soft and nice) and really tried to keep it to a minimum.  I do have limits (bad diarrhea that go through my whole stash in a couple hours, for instance ;)

Hope you get the rash figured out!  If you don't have hard water, you could try to rinse in vinegar, that helped me with a lot of amonia buildup/burns I had with my eldest.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I used sposies on my son, and we always needed an air freshener or febreeze plug-in in his room to combat his diaper smell.  With L's cloth diapers I don't even notice the smell until I'm up in the pail getting it ready to wash.  I heart cloth.

Also, I had at least 20 bead blowouts over the nearly 3 years we were in diapers.  Those little beads were freaking disgusting and a total B to clean up.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageLottaLattes:

Once I accidentally washed one and the little pellets used are disgusting as well.  I hated whenever I used paper diapers (they always felt like paper, or something just not soft and nice) and really tried to keep it to a minimum.  I do have limits (bad diarrhea that go through my whole stash in a couple hours, for instance ;)

Hope you get the rash figured out!  If you don't have hard water, you could try to rinse in vinegar, that helped me with a lot of amonia buildup/burns I had with my eldest.

We have the hardest water in the world. The plumber has to come every three months to flush out our pipes because they clog up with little mineral pellets. It's gross. Vinegar doesn't work with hard water?

I washed with blue dawn and bleach (I hate bleach and haven't bought any in years, but DH convinced me it might be necessary) and they're rinsing now.  

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I think I remember reading that vinegar makes it smell really, really bad!!

Could it be a yeast rash? You may have to disinfect your diapers, stripping won't work on yeast.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"