Upstate NY Babies
Options

Who's had mastitis or other pp infections? *UPDATE*

So my VBAC was last Monday and I've been taking the ibuprofen pretty consistently since then. I missed a dose on Sat and had the chills-had a temp of 100.5. Took the ibuprofen and felt fine. Missed another dose last night and had the chills again-temp was 100.2. I called my OB this morning and she wants me to d/c the ibuprofen to see what my fever does-and if it persists, she wants to see me this afternoon or tomorrow morning. She thinks it might be a low lying mastitis that hasnt reared its head yet. But I have no other symptoms of it-my nipples are a little sore, but nothing out of the ordinary-no clogged ducts, pain, streaking, etc. Has anyone had anything like this before?

UPDATE: So my temp stayed normal unti 3pm then it spiked up to 101. I called the doc and they want to see me tomorrow morning. I'm guessing they'll treat me for mastitis-I assume the med is safe to take while BFing? Does it affect your supply or the baby or anything? 

Re: Who's had mastitis or other pp infections? *UPDATE*

• Options
    I had mastitis, and it was everything you described.  Pain, fever, chills.  The ibuprofen might be masking the pain as well.  Doesn't hurt to get checked out, good luck! 
  • Options

I dont think that sounds like mastitis..i would be more concerned about some other infection, uterine or otherwise..

After Eve was born (within hours, before i left L&D). I had a fever and a racing  pulse.. the residents at the hospital told me it was an infection and gave me iv antibiotics, when i talked to my dr the next day she said it could have just been my bodys reaction to the "trauma" of L&D. my b/w all came back normal so they dont know why it happened.

I did have mastitis when Natalie was 8 days old but it was pretty obvious. I had a sore boob and a wicked headache (like the worst headache ever) and my temp went from like 99.9 to 102 in a matter of an hour, even with ibuprofen.

Hopefully your OB can figure out whats up, or at least an antibiotic will make you feel better.

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Last Sunday I was diagnosed with mastitis, had a pink achy breast, and a fever. But that Friday and Saturday I was taking ibuprofen bc I had a headache that I thought was due to not enough sleep and at night I was freezing and couldn't get warm. Looking back, it was probably bc of a fever. With my previous bouts of mastitis with Ellie, they hit me like a ton of bricks. But this one snuck up on me slower.
  • Options

imagemeryltheresa:
    I had mastitis, and it was everything you described.  Pain, fever, chills.  The ibuprofen might be masking the pain as well.  Doesn't hurt to get checked out, good luck! 

This exactly.

• Options

With my mastitis I definitely had the red, sore breast to go with the fever, chills, basically felt like absolute death.

I hope they figure it out soon!

My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"