January 2012 Moms
Options

What temp is your house set at?

I am loving having skin to skin time with DS.  We also have to strip him down when BFing b/c he falls asleep so quickly.  So it seems like most of the time he's naked and I'm in my robe with warm slippers. 

The problem is that I'm worried it's going to make DS cold!  I've started putting those little beanie hats on him but they're really hard to stay on and he kicks socks off the second I put them on.  DH keeps turning the temp down at nigth, which is something we normally did when we didn't have an infant, but I'm waking up freezing (okay sweating under my covers and then freezing onces I pull the covers off...damn night sweats).  So I know DS has got to be cold if I'm cold!!  But when we turn up the heat then I start sweating even more and don't want to overheat DS.

Have you found a happy medium for your house temp?  I keep turning ours up from 64 that DH sets it at at night  up to almost 73.  We can't ever win!!!  Maybe it will be more comfortable when I don't have all these hormones circulating...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: What temp is your house set at?

• Options
    My LO isn't here yet but I think we will keep the house at 65 or so, we usually keep it at 61. However it really depends on the house. 65 in my house(it's 3 years old) is toasty but 65 in my parents house ( which is 30 years old) is cold!

Married my best friend 5/2/2008
    TTC our first miracle since November 2010
    BFP 3/16/2011 Chemical Pregnancy 3/20/2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    The only thing I have read about safety is to not have it warmer than 68 when they are sleeping because of a sids prevention reason.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We shut our heat off at night (we live in NC though) so the temp usually goes down to about 65-66 before I'll turn it back on, but we keep it set at 69. It gets REALLY WARM in the rooms, it has got to be higher than 69 in the bedrooms though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our thermostat is set at 65.  This is a comfortable setting for us.  Hoping that LO agrees!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ours is set at 70 at the moment. We were switching it between 72 and 74, but now I realize that is too hot for her. We live in Florida, so 70 is pretty chilly to me, and I still feel like it's too cold for her! Her tiny feet and hands get so cold.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We keep ours at 65 while we sleep and 68 during the day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Anywhere between 65 and 70. Colder at night so we can snuggle up, but at this very second the thermostat says 70.
    DD 1.18.2012
  • Options
    We have ours set at 68 during the night (more for my benefit than hers) and 65 during the day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We keep it at 69 right now because DH doesn't have any cold tolerance even though I usually end up kicking all the covers off of me in the night.  I may bump it down a few degrees at night once baby is born and tell DH to use an extra blanket, but we'll see what DS's cold tolerance is.
    July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options
    During the day 70 and at night 73 BUT we have an older home with all hardwood floors aside from the nursery which I made DH carpet last summer. We also have wood siding and most of the windows are the originals from the 50s. And ds still shivers in 2 blankets sometimes :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DH's dream has come true....we have it set for 70.

Pre-baby I kept it at 60. He used to whine that he works hard enough not to have to wear gloves in his own home. :P

....We'll see what the change in our energy bill is soon :/ 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    lp0lp0 member
    I keep our heat at 68 for both day and night. I used to put it on 65 at night but I'm afraid it's too cold for lo. (not to mention we are burning thru oil like crazy!) I wake up drenched in sweat at least once a night but I don't see any other way. I have lo dressed in a onesie and cozy Pj's with feet. Then I swaddle in a receiving blanket and put another blanket around his lower half. I tuck the last blanket in around him so it's not flapping around. Only problem is lo is starting to want his hands out of the swaddling blanket. He screams if I put mittens on him so sometimes his hands feel cold but the rest of him is toasty. I figure if he's uncomfortable he will let me know.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"