Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

BJ City Mini Q

Does anyone have this stroller? Do you like it?

I didn't think it was used for jogging but a rep at BRU said it could be. I'm wanting to get an all-purpose stroller but wasn't sure if this one would be a good candidate?

Thanks for any feedback!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: BJ City Mini Q

• Options
    I LOVE my City Mini! It's SUPER easy to fold up with one hand and it's really light! I would definitely suggest this stroller! Hope that helps!
  • Options
    I have it, and I love it. However, if you want to do some serious jogging I would look into a bob or the city elite (I think that's what the BJ good jogging stroller is). I suppose if you only planned to do light jogging on flat surfaces that this would probably be ok. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelincolngirl:
    if you want to do some serious jogging I would look into a bob or the city elite (I think that's what the BJ good jogging stroller is). I suppose if you only planned to do light jogging on flat surfaces that this would probably be ok. 

This.  We got a BOB and love it.  When I looked at the BJ website, I think I remember that it didn't recommend the Mini for jogging.

• Options

The City Mini is NOT a jogging stroller.

That said, we have one and I love it. It handles so smoothly. The 2012 version has improvements on any pet peeves I had (like the small basket underneath is being fixed in the new version...jealous!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagelincolngirl:
    I have it, and I love it. However, if you want to do some serious jogging I would look into a bob or the city elite (I think that's what the BJ good jogging stroller is). I suppose if you only planned to do light jogging on flat surfaces that this would probably be ok. 

All of this.  I jog with my city mini, but I fully admit that my version of jogging right now is equivalent to some people's fast walk.  I've also only ever taken it jogging on the nice paved bike path.  That said, though - it's been great for my kind of jogging, and DH and I both completely love this stroller.  If you are a more serious runner, I agree that you should check out a Bob or City Elite or something else with the real running wheels.

• Options
    imagebackinpgh:

The City Mini is NOT a jogging stroller.

That said, we have one and I love it. It handles so smoothly. The 2012 version has improvements on any pet peeves I had (like the small basket underneath is being fixed in the new version...jealous!)

We are waiting for the 2012 to come out to buy one.  we can't wait!

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11 
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13

BFP 12/11/15 EDD 08/23/16 Early miscarriage

BFP 02/02/16 EDD 10/16/16

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

No, it is not a jogging stroller (which can be confusing because the brand is Baby Jogger).

But, I LOVE my City Mini.  It is a GREAT stroller!  It's pretty much my most favorite baby item.  I go for walks just so I can use it, lol.  I had it folded up in my trunk and I easily got it out of my trunk and unfolded with DS in my arms.  It's so easy to use!

I do have a jogging stroller, a Jeep one, that will be used for jogging.  I don't jog in the winter.  The jogging stroller is big and bulky though so I wanted 2 strollers, one specifically for jogging, and one everyday kind of stroller.  The City Mini is fabulous.  I don't know anyone who doesn't like theirs!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Agree with all of the above-- I have the double version and it will still fit through doorways even though it's side by side.  Very easy to "drive"  :)
    Married May 9, 2009, Fall Creek Falls State Park, Tennessee Male factor infertility, BFP after two failed IUIs and one IVF image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    We have both the single and the double. Love them both!! Only drawback is the small, not easy to access basket.
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I LOVE mine! I just got it. BRU has them for $149.99 now, of course, after I spent $199!
  • Options

Hi!  I love our city mini but it is *NOT* for jogging - you can do a power walk but in order for a stroller to be used while jogging it must have larger, air filled tires and a shock system, or else the stroller does not absorb the bumps and can be rather uncomfortable for baby.

otherwise, yes the CM is great.  I've been using it with our car seat attached since 3 weeks old.  its easy to fold and super light. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"