3rd Trimester
Options

Summer Infant or Motorola Video Monitor?

Re: Summer Infant or Motorola Video Monitor?

• Options
    I'm no help, but I got the Summer for Christmas and I'm trying it out tonight.  I was torn between the two as well.  
    image ~1500mg Metformin~M/C: 7 weeks~9/3/2008~D&C 9/16/2008
    Beta #1: 268 (16dpo) ~ Progesterone 54 ~ Beta #2: 541 (18dpo) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have been using the Summer Infant Baby Touch with DD1 since Christmas, and so far are very happy with it.  This is our first video monitor, so I don't really have anything to compare it to though.
    Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We just bought the Summer Infant Touch. I really like it: ) We did not get one with DS but decided to when we found out we were having 2u2 (less running around for me;)) 

The only down fall I would say is the battery life is super short. I did not have it plugged in one night and it died halfway through. I just keep it plugged in is all now.

Hope that helps: )

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have a summer infant video monitor. It's not touch screen though... It's the 'old school' one bc it's over 2yrs old. We love it though! Still use it for DS.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have the Motorola one. Haven't used it yet but I like how it could scramble the feed so my baby can't be seen or heard by others who have monitors in the area. We won't get mixed signals.
    Took 2 years & 8 months to make our baby! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We tried a lot of video monitors with my DS1 and we got the motorola for him and now the new baby. We think it is so far the best picture and it got really good reviews. There are two things I don't like about it; 1- it doesn't go completely silent and 2- the night vision does require some ambient light which we use a night light and then night vision is really good.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have the summer infant baby touch with 3 cameras (I have a home daycare, so that's why I have 3 cameras).  I had a different summer model when my daughter was first born and loved it.  Switched to the baby touch once I got pregnant with the 2nd because of the 'scan' feature and the fact that I can have up to 4 cameras.  Both monitors have been great and the Summer company itself it wonderful!  I just bought the 3rd camera a few weeks ago and the picture was not the same as my other two camers.  I called the company and they paid for me to ship the camera back and sent me a new camera at no charge, no questions asked!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options

We got the Motorola one for Christmas and we really like it so far. I've been testing it out by spying on the cats, haha.

The picture quality is really good (even in night mode), and it gets signal everywhere in the house (the upstairs bathroom where the cats' litter area is is the furthest possible point from the downstairs living room where I sit and watch 'em from, and we have a rather large house!). I like that it has the little lights indicating how loud the volume is on the camera side, though like a PP said, it never fully mutes. (That said, when the volume's all the way down, the sound on the other side has to be pretty loud to be heard!)

---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imagemljohnson:
    We think it is so far the best picture and it got really good reviews. There are two things I don't like about it; 1- it doesn't go completely silent and 2- the night vision does require some ambient light which we use a night light and then night vision is really good.

We got the summer infant video monitor, but when we set it up, we saw our neighors 1 year old! So I took it back and got the motorola one.  We tested it w/ the kids I nanny for, and found that it doesn't go all the way silent, and u will need a night light, but at least I'll know I'm seeing my baby  and not the neighbor! (although he's super cute and I adore him).  GL

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"