January 2012 Moms
Options

bathroom (tmi) question

Just woke up in the middle of the night feeling like I had to use the bathroom. After a bowel movement there was some blood in the toilet and when I wiped in front, not a ton, but pinkish red blood. (not mucus or the way I would have pictured bloody show... no contractions or any other pains) 

My doctors said to watch out for heavy bleeding like a period for the start of labor. That's not what this was, but I have had no spotting or bleeding like this before. Of course it's 2 am and now I'm wide awake and confused. Anyone have this or any advice? 

DS 5 years old
DD 2 years old
{Baby GIRL due 6.1}

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: bathroom (tmi) question

• Options
    I've never heard of bloody show being anything like a period. It's usually just a little bit and  usually mixed with mucus. I'd call in the morning since it wasn't mixed with mucus though. Just to be on the safe side.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Could it be hemorrhoids?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been having pinkish discharge overnight as well, I think that it is just bloody show with thin mucous, but I'm going to ask my doc about it today.
    Met 8/2004  -  Married 6/2008  -  DD1 1/2012
    Looking forward to 4/2015!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies. The blood stopped and now is just brown if anything. Afterwards last night I had an hour of really low contractions every 8 min and I thought something was starting. Then they got sporadic until about 7am, now nothing. I feel silly calling the doctor now since the blood stopped...I'm so confused!
    DS 5 years old
    DD 2 years old
    {Baby GIRL due 6.1}

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The same thing happened to me last night around 8pm. The blood didn't look like mucus and was more than I expected (but not too much) so I called the midwife. Since no more came out in an hour, she said to call back if any more came out other than spotting brownish blood. Last night, I had some contractions but not regular for long and nothing much today... so I am home from work but nothing is happening yet.
  • Options

I had something similar happen two weeks ago.  I too had a bm and when I wiped I could have sworn that if I wasn't pg I was starting my peroid.  I called the dr and while I waited for the nurse to call back I threw some stuff in my bag in case I was told to head to the hospital.  Nurse called back, I told her what happened and that I didn't have any cramps/contrax and felt fine other wise and it didn't seem to keep flowing.  She said I could come in or wait to see if I started bleeding again.  I chose to wait and over the weekend passed some dark brown mucus (tmi:  it looked like melted chocolate).  I saw the dr on Monday and she seemed to think it was possibly my mucus plug or my cervix was starting to thin/open because some women have some bleeding when that happens. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"