May 2012 Moms
Options

Huggies & Chuggies - Great idea

So this weekend, FI and I booked a pavillion at the local park to have our co-ed BBQ baby shower Sunday March 4. There will be over 60 guests but we are assuming at least 10-20 won't show. Maybe more or less, but anyway, we'll see the RSVPs as it gets closer. I was going to do a smaller shower in our home but that list was like 25-30 girls and our house wasn't going to hold that many guests (we have a lot of women in our families). We were bound to have it somewhere, so might as well have a big one.  My mother and sister are taking over the rest: the games, decorations etc.

WELL, that same day, I ran into this lady at the grocery store purchasing huggies. Long story short, we got to talking about baby showers. She just had her 3rd baby and he is 8 months old. She said this was her first pack of diapers she has had to purchase since he was born.. How?

She didn't have a baby shower for this one. Instead, she said, she had a celebration party after he was born to have everyone meet him. On the invite she said men bring beer, women bring huggies or pampers and, I forget how, but somehow worded it for various sizes. She said tons of her guests went to Sam's/Costco and purchased a big box for $50....The result? She was left with 8 months worth of diapers. What a fab idea!

My FI called it....... Huggies & Chuggies! Totally doing this for our second or third pregnancy :) Thought this was a great idea for the experienced mommies that aren't sure whether to have a baby shower or not :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Huggies & Chuggies - Great idea

• Options
    That sounds so fun! And I know my husband wouldn't mind having some extra beer around! :)
  • Options
    Great idea!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oooo thank you so much my bestfriend has been insisting on throwing me some sort of party/shower for this lo and I said no to a shower since this is our third baby and will have two under two but she'll love the idea of a huggies and chuggies party! Plus dh friends will want to come too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options

Excellent idea! Thanks for sharing! I don't like the idea of a shower for a second baby, but diapers are expensive!  This would be awesome!

August Siggy Challenge: Funniest thing on the internet

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"