3rd Trimester
Options

2+ moms...describe a contraction...

What does the pain feel like? I just had a weird cramp feeling, like when you drink a lot of water and then run or walk fast kind of cramp but it went away, my stomach also tightened up. 

Married my best friend 5/2/2008
TTC our first miracle since November 2010
BFP 3/16/2011 Chemical Pregnancy 3/20/2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: 2+ moms...describe a contraction...

• Options
    A menstrual cramp. They start off soft and almost unnoticeable. Then grow into some of the most painful menstrual cramps you have ever experienced. When you are close to the end they engulf your whole belly. Atleast that is how it was for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageRobinsegg23:
    A menstrual cramp. They start off soft and almost unnoticeable. Then grow into some of the most painful menstrual cramps you have ever experienced. When you are close to the end they engulf your whole belly. Atleast that is how it was for me.

Basically, this.  By the time labor progresses to the point that you'd start considering calling your doctor or going to the hospital, it'll definitely be obvious that you're having contractions. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Everyone is different.  But for me they started out feeling like mild period cramps, or gas cramps low in my belly.  Each one got stronger and stronger and more all over.  I've never had bad menstrual cramps before, but I have had really bad gas cramps before.  TMI, but maybe like a month ago I had some really horrible gas built up in my intestines and I seriously thought to myself, "I don't even remember labor being this bad!"  Although I know labor was much worse, I think I have seriously forgot how intense it gets.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

An all over tightening of the stomach...like a BH but it's more intense and it comes on faster.

I had back labor, so if you get that, throw in an a very intense (painful) radiating back pain with every contraction.  The pain moves around your waste from your lower spine to your abdomen and vice versa.

• Options

With my first, the pain was all in my hips as the baby lowered.  It was like my hips hadn't expanded the entire time I was pregnant and someone was trying to pull them apart with a crowbar.  But I was 17 and skinny and he was over 9 lbs.  Every baby since has been a breeze.  When they ask my pain level 1-10 during labor, I'm never over an eight after that first one.

I had gall stones when I was pregnant with my twins and that pain was way more intense than labor.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

mild, fun, oo I'm going into labor contractions-  are a tightening of the belly - you can actually watch your belly go from a hill to more of a mountain foundation from the sides of your belly tightening up.

OH MY GOD GET THIS BABy OUT OF MEEEEEEEE contractions - the worst super constipated partially stuck bm.... like times 100.... other people get these, right? 

• Options
    Mine started as consistant, timable, but bearable menstrual cramps... and just kept increasing in intensity until I was crying from the pain! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It was all kind of a blur that I think I've blocked out, but I remember by the time I was pushing it felt like I had done 1000 crunches and the burn just never seemed to let up. I remember doing an intense ab workout a few months later and it triggered the memories of that feeling.
    DS 5 years old
    DD 2 years old
    {Baby GIRL due 6.1}

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I never felt anything at all until the day I was in labor - then they felt like menstrual cramps that stopped and started.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"