3rd Trimester
Options

mentally checked out @ work

I'm still managing to skate by, but I'm not working @ my usual pace.  I'm trying to finish as many projects as possible before my leave since we still don't have a temp in place, but it feels impossible to stay focused between the anticipation of our new arrival & my exaustion.  anyone else?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: mentally checked out @ work

• Options
    Most definitely.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Me too!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have 33 more work days until I go on leave for 6 months.  Talk about being checked out...I can not WAIT!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    For me, leaving work at nearly 38 weeks pregnant was the best decision.  I was able to hand off my work and feel like everything was covered adequately.  Plus, I'm so miserable right now, I know I'd be barely working.  I hope you get to take off soon!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yup...done at 33 weeks!
  • Options

Oh yeah. The holidays certainly didn't help, but I'm counting the days.

Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options

Same here.  I don't have the option of leaving before the baby arrives.  It's bad enough that I'm only getting to take off 4 weeks :(.  I only have two things left to do that MUST be done and I am getting them done by tomorrow.  

ETA:  I just noticed my ticker says I have about 30 more days- HAH!  I'm going to be lucky to make it two more weeks.  I'm nesting like crazy. 

• Options
    I am with you... and I have a lot longer to go haha, I better get my butt in gear.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Count me in and I'm only 30 weeks along.  I'm definitely moving slower both physically and mentally.
  • Options
    i work at a hospital so i'm on my feet all day and it's totally exhausting! as of right now i'm planning on working up until i have the baby but lately that seems like it's going to be next to impossible. i'm really hoping that i can take off in about 2 weeks or so and have a little time to relax/nest at home before baby makes her arrival.
  • Options

Oh yes, this week started the "check out" phase :)  Not including today, I have 11 more days of work unless the LO decides to come sooner.  I can not wait!!!!

I have most of my loose ends tied up and the temp is pretty much trained and ready to go, so now it's just kind of little things here and there. 

• Options
    I mentally checked out when I got my official FMLA approval for 12 weeks off of work. I have 4 weeks to go until I get this time off :)
  • Options

I plan to be here till the bitter end, so 7 mor weeks. Im 32 weeks now. All I can think about is nesting and sleeping. Its hard when my job involves working with people in crisis (social work). Im trying to keep it together here-totally feel your pain. Hang in there!

• Options
    I'm checked out at 28 weeks.  Then there's the thing about this place getting more stressful with lack of full-time management, and I am just trying to remain assertive.  Got my FMLA paperwork today - you had better believe I am getting it done in a flash! :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Yep! I've picked my day, and told management when I'm anticipating being out. HR gave me all my paperwork, and now it just needs to be signed by my Dr. and returned! I've got about a month and a half left of work. I'm 32 weeks right now, and planning on going out at 38 weeks. Two weeks before baby is due, and then 4 months after. YAY! Party!!!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"