Options

Did everyone survive the holidays?

and go...

BPF May 12, 2013 :: EDD Janaury 22, 2013 :: MC Began On July 14, 2013 at 12W4D

Born at 34w2d:

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Did everyone survive the holidays?

• Options

We had three parties (Christmas eve, Christmas and boxing day) - one with my family, DH's mum's family, and his dad's.

Owen finally caught on to breastfeeding on Christmas eve but still wants to eat about every hour for about 20 minutes which is a mini blessing because I got to seek refuge at the parties but also annoying because I missed out on some good food. 

Owen's room looks like Carters and BRU spit up in it.  Between six aunts and uncles, six grandparents, and seven great grand parents Owen was really spoiled.  I think we need some more toy bins for his room.

Anyone else a lot of the "is he doing this yet," and the "why isn't he doing this yet?" a lot?

Love family but DH and I are excited to spend the day in pj's tomorrow and begin our "vacation."  He's done his marking and school doesn't start again until the 2nd.

BPF May 12, 2013 :: EDD Janaury 22, 2013 :: MC Began On July 14, 2013 at 12W4D

Born at 34w2d:

• Options
    Yes..we survived...DH and I were worried about our families getting along since Christmas was at our house and we had everyone over.  They just don't get along, someone always ends up offended, etc. etc...But yesterday was great!  Everyone came together for baby's first Christmas without a hitch.  There were lots of gifts, baby helped unwrap and was really smiley.  Now we have so many toys and clothes, I have no idea where to store them...After everyone left (early this morning) LO was super cranky.  Today was a blur, he just didn't want to go back to our normal routine...all in all, the holidays were great.  A year ago today, we found out that we were pregnant, what a difference a year makes  :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The holidays were exhausting. Baby Caroline had a rough day on Saturday - lots of unexplained desats, increased need for O2 (she went from 2 L at 21% to 3 L at 25-28%). She got a full infection workup, including labs, blood cultures, and a urine culture. All negative, thank God. Then she was warm, then she wasn't, then my husband got to hold her (thankfully long enough to read Twas the Night Before Christmas) and then she started desating and we had to put her back. It was super stressful. Christmas Day was just long and exhausting. Caroline was slightly better, but still not her usual fiesty self. They did a chest xray today, which was normal, and another echo just to make sure her PDA had not re-opened (which no one told me originally that could happen! WTH!) but it was still closed. I guess she just had a bad weekend. I dunno. I'm worn out emotionally just thinking about it. I was sad and grouchy pretty much the whole weekend, my husband didn't get Friday or today off, so we got no time to spend together without family or nurses around. I dunno. Grrr.
  • Options

My 19 month old son is driving me crazy.  It was nice to be at the inlaws and have grandpa and grandma there to look after him and play with him. 

And I almost puked at Christmas dinner.  Luckily, I made it to the bathroom in time. 

I did really well at the sales today--got a lot of cute clothes. 

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Options
    Everything was better than last year, since everybody had a nasty flu bug back then.  This year was very low-key, and the kids are finally old enough to understand some of the  excitement of Santa.  Great food, great visits, and only a tiny little puke from my little man when he got too excited.  That is great holiday!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"