Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Moby/other carriers & cold weather

So...I've been thinking about taking a walk to the store with LO in a Moby. It's pretty cold out (I live in Buffalo), and I would put her coat & hat on of course, but I'm wondering, since my coat will not exactly cover her, does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe a blanket over her? Help!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Moby/other carriers & cold weather

• Options
    I took my DS to an outdoor Christmas event and just put him in the Moby in a fleece outfit and put his hat on. Then I just kind of held a thick blanket over him. Between your body heat and theirs, they stay pretty darn warm in those things!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If your baby and you don't both fit under your jacket in the Moby, dress baby as you would for cold weather if you had a stroller, and just put him in the Moby. It's not the most comfortable, but I've succesfully put DD in the Moby with a puffy jacket on. Keep in mind, the Moby also adds some more warmth! I'd look into one of those fleece snowsuits for babies- we bought one or DD at Old Navy, and I love it! It's not bulky, but oh so warm, and she can be wrapped easily in it :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm interested to see what other people do!  I take my LO out in the Moby every few days and I stick her in the Moby and then wear a maternity sweatshirt/jacket thing zipped or tied around her.  Then I wear the outer shell of my Columbia jacket because I can zip that (but not the whole jacket) around both of us. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    I use a Mai Tai carrier. A bit more sturdy than Moby by my experience. The Mai Tai is a canvas material so it's thicker, and the straps are padded which makes it easier to bear the weight of LO. I normally dress him for cold weather, put him in the Mai Tai and then I put a blanket over and around him so just his little face sticks out. I wear my jacket unzipped because I generally end up becoming too hot between his body heat and mine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's obviously not as cold here as is Buffalo (is anywhere as cold as in Buffalo?) but when we go out and it is cold (40s/50s) I put him in his heavy fleece with hood and then make sure I have something that will button or zip around him - some of DH's fleece lined sweatshirts work perfectly for this.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagePappsMcgee:

imageTaraDustin:
    I took my DS to an outdoor Christmas event and just put him in the Moby in a fleece outfit and put his hat on. Then I just kind of held a thick blanket over him. Between your body heat and theirs, they stay pretty darn warm in those things!

This is what I'd do too! Just dress them warm and cuddle up :) 

Us too. The body heat generated wearing the moby can get intense. I find myself shedding layers sometimes. But I'm in CA, so take that with a grain of salt.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"