3rd Trimester
Options

Natural inductions

My midwife suggested I try taking a homeopathic medicine today since I am past my due date. Its call caulophyllum thalictroides. Has anyone taken this? if so what was your experience with it? if not has anyone used any other natural induction methods besides castro oil?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Natural inductions

• Options

Red Raspberry Leaf Tea

Evening Primrose Oil

And have you had your membranes stripped? I did all of the above and went into labor within a day or two... I also walked A LOT

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I haven't gotten my membrane's stripped, shoot i should of asked at today's appointment! Did you take the tea and oil at the same time or separately?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Evening Primose Oil is more effective if inserted vaginally. Red raspberry leaf should not bring on labor, but it does help to strengthen the uterus and can really be drank during 2nd and 3rd tri. 

I'd try the MW's homeopathic suggestion. I haven't heard of it before, but it's got to be better than castor oil, right? ;) 

• Options
    Another name for it is Blue Cohosh. I've never taken it before, but a nurse that I work with (who is really into homeopathic medicine vs. prescribed medication) uses this along with soy isoflavones (in huge amounts) once a month to prevent her from ovulating.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Clary sage on your uterine and ovarian reflexology points. I have not tried it yet, but I had a teacher that swore by it when I was in massage school.
    Licensed Massage Therapist and First Time Mom
  • Options
    12 years ago, before my internet days, I took Black Kohosh (similar to Blue) to induce my labor. I took it at 40 weeks and she came three days later. While in labor and for several days after my blood pressure was dangerously high. I always wondered if there was any correlation but I didn't really have a way to research it. I did not have any BP issues the entire time I was pregnant with my first, but have this time around so it could just be me. I don't really think I will try it again.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    There are also pressure points in your feet that can be massaged, I spoke to my massage therapist about it today actually
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I tried castor oil mixed with OJ and ice for my 2nd child. It was absolutely the most disgusting thing I've ever drank in terms of consistency and aftertaste -- it is called "oil" after all. I almost cried. But the worst part is that I have a self-described stomach of steel, so although it resulted in exactly two more trips to the bathroom than normal, I did not have a single contraction. I did this at about 41w. I ended up having to have a med induction a couple days later due to low fluid.
  • Options

I am taking Evening Primrose Oil nightly. A few days before my due date I am seeing an acupuncturist and masseuse. 

You can also try nipple stimulation. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"