3rd Trimester
Options

another internal exam question

Had my first one today and it was quite painful.  Just wondering if anyone has found anything to ease the discomfort at all.  It's just so sensitive down there.  TIA!
href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33e2da" rel="nofollow">Chart

Re: another internal exam question

• Options
    You mean after or during? It's normal to be crampy for a while afterwards. As for during, they told me the first time to breathe through the mouth and use it as a chance to practice for labor =)
    Raising a threenager since 11/11
    Baby boy #2 due 5/6/15
  • Options
    during....breathing, good thought. 
    href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33e2da" rel="nofollow">Chart

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    yes breathing is the only thing you can do during the exam. Those exams help labor come sometimes, when u get tired of being pregnant it will be worth it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Just FYI, you can decline them if you want to.  Cervical dilation isn't an indicator of when you will go into labor anyway.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I really didn't want to get checked and per my birthing class the are totally unnecessary. I worried about my conversation with my ob, but I just said that I didn't want it and she said ok. No fight, no questions. When I get to 40 weeks I might be interested but not now. 
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagekatcarls:
    Just FYI, you can decline them if you want to.  Cervical dilation isn't an indicator of when you will go into labor anyway.

I thought my doctor started them at 36 weeks, but I was wrong. Because of the false "hope" it gives some women, plus the cramps and discomfort, they don't perform them until you're just about due.

I'm definitely ok with that!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I had my first internal exam yesterday and it wasn't painful at all.  I was crampy later that evening but nothing painful.  I guess my doctor is just gentel.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Because of some preterm contractions I got an internal exam 2 times during my 2nd trimester to check my cervix.... Talk about uncomfortable! some women have more discomfort than others do. My Cervix likes to "hide" way up there and the doctor suggested a shift of hip position. After I stuck my fists under my bum to tilt my hips the pressure was much less. Try that maybe? :)
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • Options

Just try to relax and breathe through it. I know easier said than done!

I had my third one today...and I was 2cm. Let me tell you...I wasn't uncomfortable at all, so I think it gets better once you dilate more 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"