January 2012 Moms
Options

Flu shot?

Hey mommas!

My doc recommended that i get a flu shot. According to him, pregnant women are at a huge risk to die from the flu! I had no idea! From what I have read, the flu shot is perfectly safe to receive during pregnancy. Why am I so hesitant to get one?

What is your experience with the flu shot (or any vaccination) during pregnancy?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Lilypie Maternity tickers 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
November 2014 Siggy Challenge: Green/ Irish Things

Re: Flu shot?

• Options

The flu is not only a risk to pregnant women, our babies are going to be born during flu season and if they catch the flu from us, they could very likely end up in the hospital.

I got the flu shot back when I was 22w and it was a non-event. I had never gotten one before, but I will always get one in the future! 

Married 08.06
    Started TTC 05.08
    Me: Stage II endo, borderline high FSH
    DH: perfect
    1 lap, 5 IUIs = 4 BFNs and 1 c/p
    2 IVFs, 2 FETs = 1 BFN, 1 c/p, 1 ectopic and finally a sticky BFP in May 2011!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

1 FET in Aug 2013 = BFP! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, I got it, DH got his and hopefully all our family will as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got it and I have gotten one for the past three seasons!  No problems with mine.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I got mine today.  Ouch!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Our sweet lil' snowflake babies... if they can make it through the rough winter season, they can make it through anything!

I better have my hubby to get a flu shot too! 

• Options

I've gotten the flu shot every year since I was veryy young. I got it at my last appointment, and the only symptom was a sore arm for a couple hours afterward. If it's your first time getting it, you might feel nauseous, but I never have.

• Options
    I got my flu shot as soon as they were available at work. Our babies will be born during flu season as well, so it's just another reason to do it if you ask me :)
    BFP #1 : 05.08.11 : EDD : 01.16.12 : DOB : 01.15.12
    BFP #2 : 12.26.12 : EDD : 09.08.13 : DOB : 09.03.13
  • Options
    imagesweetky_06:

The flu is not only a risk to pregnant women, our babies are going to be born during flu season and if they catch the flu from us, they could very likely end up in the hospital.

I got the flu shot back when I was 22w and it was a non-event. I had never gotten one before, but I will always get one in the future! 

Yes I am required to get the flu shot for my work but I was going to get it anyway. 

DD 1.18.2012
  • Options
    I got mine at my OB appointment last week.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
  • Options
    I got mine a few weeks ago..no adverse affects and I also got the mercury free one
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • Options

I didn't get one. I have never gotten a flu shot in my life and I also never get the flu...

Now I know the risk is higher and the vaccine doesn't only protect the moms but the babies as well. But I just don't know... At my last appointment (last Thursday) the nurse asked if I wanted one and I said I would talk to my doc and see what she says. Well she never asked about it and I completely forgot so I haven't gotten one and may not get one either.. I just don't know.

I always think of my ILs who get the flu shot every  year and every year they also get the flu!!! :/

• Options

I am declining the flu shot, however, Hubby is getting one.  I don't work and will be keeping LO home for the first several weeks. 

We will both be getting a pertussis booster after I give birth.  (We live in WA and the past few years we've had issues w/ pertussis outbreaks).

• Options
    I got it and it was a total non-issue as well. 
    DD, the love of my life, born January 26, 2012

• Options
    My experience was that it was just like getting a flu shot while not pregnant... no big deal.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I got mine about a month ago, and it was no big deal.  My arm did bruise, but I bruise easily anyway.  I recommend that everyone get one! 
  • Options
    I got one and had no problems. My doc highly recommends that you get one while pg. just make sure it's the preservative free version.
    BFP 7/27/10, no hb discovered 9/3/10, natural m/c 9/17/10
    BFP #2- 2/1/11,bleeding- 2/6/11, natural m/c @ 5wks
    BFP #3- 4/29/11 - DS born 12/31/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    TTCAL buddies with LilMaggs and psumel13
  • Options

I've been putting mine off because I don't have time for any yucky side effects.

I got mine yesterday at my OB appt and it has been a non-event.  I feel fine and my arm isn't even very sore.

image image
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I got it because it will also pass immunity to the newborn baby who can't the shot until 6 mo. old.  My friend is an infectious disease doctor and his wife got the flu shot while pregnant.  I figured if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me.  
  • Options
    thanks everyone! Glad there were no adverse reactions! Getting one at my next OB-GYN visit in 2-weeks! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"