September 2011 Moms
Options

Take the GD pacifier!!

OMG this kid will NOT take a pacifier.  Such a switch from my daughter who we used the jaws of life to get the paci away from.  Poor little guy just wants to suck and suck but mommy's boobies can't be a paci when we are driving his sister to school :)/  I've even tried dipping it in sugar water to get him to take it, yeah I know there are going to be some raised brows on this one.  Thank god he is starting to find his hands and fingers.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Take the GD pacifier!!

• Options

DD doesn't like it nearly as much as DS did, but she will take it some.  She's also starting to find her fingers so I'm thinking she might be more interested in that once she figures it out.

Have you tried different brands? 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    yeah we have one of every brand ever made, seriously.  I just went down the aisle and put every one in the cart, not a cheap day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageHNLchick:
    yeah we have one of every brand ever made, seriously.  I just went down the aisle and put every one in the cart, not a cheap day.

I just want you to know that I feel your pain!  I go back to work a week from Monday and already feel bad for my day care providers!  I just keep trying...

DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • Options
    I know how you feel! I always said I wouldn't give my LO a pacifier and now I'm going crazy wishing she'd just take it! I'm a little worried about introducing a bottle in a week or two
    photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options

Know you you feel! I am going to keep trying until he does! He is going for his thumb, but DH sucked his thumb until he was 8 (needed a special retainer to get him to stop) and I don't want that for DS!

I have 4 kinds and keep trying them over and over - so far NUK and MAM he will take easier but never for too long. GL!!

336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Neither one of my other children ever took a pacifier and so far LO won't either unless it's offered by DH.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Same problem here....  I can only have her on my boob for so long! So far she will only take the MAM sometimes but not for long and I have to stay there making sure she doesn't spit it out. I much prefer a pacifier over her fingers, too.  I sucked my thumb WAY WAY WAY too long and don't want to have to deal with the emotions of trying to watch my baby wean off it!
    Follow Me on Pinterest Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My daughter took a pacifier no problem at two days old, but a week ago she started to refuse it and now we cannot get her to take it. She just opens her mouth wide and lets it fall out or turns her head away. I'm just going to give up for a while, maybe she'll be interested again in a couple weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"