January 2012 Moms
Options

Registry

We are expecting our third child.  It's been five years since we had our last child.  We decided that we would rather have a large gathering after the baby is born so everyone gets to meet him then to have a baby shower. (Most of our family has to travel a distance to visit us.)  However, everyone knows this baby is a very pleasant surprise, and we gave all of our baby things to good will about a month before we found out that we were expecting.  So my question is now that people are asking what to buy (even though we tell everyone that it isn't necessary, our family is insisting to buy gifts before the birth) how do we tactfully let everyone know that we registered without making others feel they have to buy a gift?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Registry

• Options
    Just my opinion. . .I would say if people are asking what you need/what to buy, then let them know you have a list of items at xxxxx. I wouldn't go "advertising" you are registered unless people ask.
    Married 08.06
    Started TTC 05.08
    Me: Stage II endo, borderline high FSH
    DH: perfect
    1 lap, 5 IUIs = 4 BFNs and 1 c/p
    2 IVFs, 2 FETs = 1 BFN, 1 c/p, 1 ectopic and finally a sticky BFP in May 2011!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

1 FET in Aug 2013 = BFP! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagesweetky_06:
    Just my opinion. . .I would say if people are asking what you need/what to buy, then let them know you have a list of items at xxxxx. I wouldn't go "advertising" you are registered unless people ask.

This.  If someone asks what they can get you as a gift, explain that you're registered at ____.  If they don't ask, you don't have to advertise it.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"