Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Memory box

This might seem really silly but something my husband and I decided to do is put together a memory box of items that we had collected for our baby.  For example: we had bought a onesie at Target, we had taken a few belly pictures, we took pictures of the pregnancy test, a few sympathy cards we received, etc.  We are doing this so that we will always have something to remember this baby by.  It is really helping us cope and I thought I'd share in case anyone else wanted to do something similar.  Hope everyone is doing okay.  I'm so thankful for this board.
Me: PCOS   DH: No issues

August '16-January '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI/TI = BFN
February/March '17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = BFN
April '17: Menopur + HCG + TI (due to too many mature follicles) = BFN
May '17: Took off due to cysts
June' 17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = Cancelled due to 8+ mature follicles
November '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI= BFN
December '17: Menopur + HCG + TI= BFP!!!! Due August 2018

Re: Memory box

• Options

I don't think it seems silly at all. I am glad you are finding something to help you begin to cope.

Thank you for sharing the idea!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Not silly at all.  My sister did the same thing when she m/c with her first pregnancy at 9 weeks.  That was almost 13 years ago and she still has it.  I didn't have much and refused to accept or buy anything for the baby until we heard a heart beat which we never got to hear.  So, all I have is my pregnancy journal that I got from my OB which I had started writing in and a sympathy card I received from a friend.  I put them in my box of wedding cards for now until I get something better to keep them in.  I also have a pregnancy blog that I started and kept private until we'd told everyone about the pregnancy.  That has since become an m/c blog which I may or may not make public one we have a healthy pregnancy.

I'm sorry for your loss and am glad you have found a healthy way to memorialize and remember.  *hugs*

BFP #1 9-15-11; EDD 5-28-12. US 6w2d, growth

BFP #2 12-6-11 and 12-7-11; EDD 8-17-12. US 6w6d measuring 5w6d. Misoprostol Assisted m/c 1-16-12 at 9w3d.

<a href="http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n56/katharine25/?action=view

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're planning to do the same thing. We also plan to plant a tree.
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

imageVineyardMel:
    We're planning to do the same thing. We also plan to plant a tree.

Plating a tree, what a great idea!  I love that. 

Me: PCOS   DH: No issues

August '16-January '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI/TI = BFN
    February/March '17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = BFN
    April '17: Menopur + HCG + TI (due to too many mature follicles) = BFN
    May '17: Took off due to cysts
    June' 17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = Cancelled due to 8+ mature follicles
    November '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI= BFN
    December '17: Menopur + HCG + TI= BFP!!!! Due August 2018

• Options
    I don't think it's silly. It's a way to keep a piece of your angel with you. 
    TTC since 2007. Removal of left ovary due to a cyst 9/2007. Currently seeing a new RE for septate uterus diagnosis and removal. BFP #1 7/01/11 EDD 2/28/12 M/C 07/19/2011 @ 8 wks. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    i also think its a great idea , my sister was the one that told me about the memory box, i feel this can bring me peace and i will never forget this chapter of my life, good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"