October 2011 Moms
Options

I hate when people say....

Everyone can join in.

My latest pet peeve is when people tell me how close I am to my due date.  For instance, my back pain has been off the charts the last week, led me to tears and I hate when anyone asks how I'm doing, I give an honest answer and they say "well your almost there."  I want them to shove it!  I know how close I am, it doesn't make this pain or uncomfortable-ness any better!  

I am grouchy so I'm sorry.  My insomnia has been horrible lately and I'm only getting about 3 hours of sleep a night... maybe.  Which leads me to another favorite response "It's just getting your body ready for the baby."  I definitely got more sleep than 3 hours a night with my DD #1.  

Okay anyone want to play to annoyed game with me?  I'm so anxious to have her and meet her.  I just can't wait!

Re: I hate when people say....

• Options

"you're STILL here??"

"you look like you're about to pop"

"any day now!"

Yes, thank you for stating the obvious!

• Options
    "No baby yet?" Grrrrrrr Devil
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I hate when people are asking me if I had the baby yet, if it's gonna come now/today/soon and all that stuff.

As if I am going to have a baby and then forget to tell....

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

All of the above for me!! The best is when it comes from people who've never had kids.

Send them to this website: https://haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/

• Options
    I had someone ask me yesterday if the pregnancy has gotten easier as I get closer.   Ummmm, no!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageSarahOrca:

All of the above for me!! The best is when it comes from people who've never had kids.

Send them to this website: https://haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/

Hahahahahaha, I just went there. Big Smile

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I also keep getting from guys at work, "Just go home and have this baby".  I would if I could.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

"any day now" 

"WOW, someone call an ambulance"

"overdue?"

"you look like your about to pop!" ...Yeah pop you one!!!!

"how are you feeling today?" Pregnant!

"  common just pop that sucker out" Seriously if I could I would!

• Options

my customers think it is hilarious to say "are you still pregnant?" 

I usually joke and say "nope, I had her yesterday- she is at home but I thought I would come to work" 

6 more shifts. 

• Options
    imagerkto:

my customers think it is hilarious to say "are you still pregnant?" 

I usually joke and say "nope, I had her yesterday- she is at home but I thought I would come to work" 

6 more shifts. 

Haha.. for some reason I am picturing Jeff Foxworthy saying this in his skit about "Here's your sign" .. I hope you know what I'm talking about because otherwise I'm making absolutely no sense lol..

I had a few comments that really p*ssed me off

"Wow, how much bigger can you get?" .. or my male cousin who said "That's either triplets in there or a football player"

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Don't rub your belly too much, it looks like it's ready to pop!

Oh, and I was on vacation last week (was supposed to be in an out-of-town wedding that we couldn't make it to, so had a stay-cation).  On Monday, one of my co-workers in another office asked if I'd had the while I was out.  Um, yes.  I had the baby & thought it would be fun to come back to work already - seriously?

And, since my co-workers at my office didn't see me last week, everyone is commenting this week that I look sooo much bigger.  Really, I'm not that much bigger, you just didn't see me for a week

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I love this game.... 

"See you tomorrow?  Maybe not?"  I don't know....? 

"Can you wait to go into labor until _____?  That would be must easier."  Because my unborn child and ever stretching uterus has no goal in mind than to make things easier for YOU...

"Get your sleep now, while you still can."  As if that were even an option??

"It is easier to take care of her while she is inside than out!"  While that may be true, that doesn't make me want her out any less...

Last one:  I work as a church secretary, and my senior pastor says that I can work right up to delivery, because they can fill the baptistery and we can have a water birth... He thinks this is the funniest scenario to tell, then proceeds to squat in a football hike like he is going to catch her when she "comes squirting out."  As much as I love my job and him, come on man! 

Last week of work.  Last week of work.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

"You shouldn't be doing anything but rest".

Really?

I have a 4 yo and a house to maintain.

• Options

Hurray!! I was hoping someone was as crabby as I am today.

"woah you are still pregnant?"

"Since you're working till your due date, is your water going to break here at work?"

And my favorite conversation I have at least once a day.. How are you? I'm fine. No, I mean how ARE you? I'm doing well, just haven't been sleeping and have a lot of hip pain. You know its only going to get worse once the baby arrives. Yes thanks for the new and informative advice.
  • Options
    I really hate getting asked, "Are you excited?" I honestly have no idea how to answer this. It is not like I am getting a shiny new toy to take care of. I am getting a possibly screaming baby that eats, sleeps, poops and can possibly drain the life out of me. I am actually nervous as hell about all the changes to come but I have had 9 months of mental preparation leading up to this "exciting" event.
    I heart Ben!!
    October 11, 2008
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Trusty Gal blog|Trusty Tales
  • Options

imagemoviesprincess:
    I really hate getting asked, "Are you excited?" I honestly have no idea how to answer this. It is not like I am getting a shiny new toy to take care of. I am getting a possibly screaming baby that eats, sleeps, poops and can possibly drain the life out of me. I am actually nervous as hell about all the changes to come but I have had 9 months of mental preparation leading up to this "exciting" event.

THIS!  Is there a right answer?  Nope...not excited....thinking of giving the baby up actually....

• Options
    There is this one woman inparticular that annoys me and its probably because she never bothered to really talk to me until she realized I was pregnant. But everytime I see her which is atleast once a week she says to me in this creepy voice but she's trying to be cutsey "Ooop you're gettin closer!"  I just smile and say yeah, but I really want to say "Well, Im glad that I saw you today to remind me that time goes forward instead of backward!"
    photo dca9b006-0f54-4503-ad9d-536560d9d80f.jpg
    Mr C born 10/25/11  Miss M born 9/11/14
  • Options
    Just the other day DH was talking to his grandmother on the phone who is like the typical sweet little old lady. She told him when people used to tell her it would be any day now she wanted to punch them in the face! Big SmileSo, she wanted to let him know not to say that to me. Good advice, Grandma.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

"Wow you are about to bust"

"You aren't going to deliver here are you?" (While shopping)

"You are huge!!"

"Your baby is going to be at least 10 pounds"

"How much longer do you have?"

" Whoa you are going to explode any time now huh???"

And of course I also hate when strangers touch my stomach.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"