Military Families
Options

We Got Orders!

DH and I have been married for 4 years, together for 5 1/2 years, and he's been stationed at McChord AFB for SEVEN years! Well, we got our first set of orders... we're going to McGuire AFB.

Any insight about McGuire/Fort Dix? I know nothing about doing a military move, any info?

Thanks, ladies! :)

Re: We Got Orders!

• Options
    Save your receipts for hotels, gas, moving truck, etc!! You should be refunded for those expenses if you keep your receipts and turn them in when you get to where you're going.
  • Options
    Congrats.....wish I had some good info for you. I do know that McGuire is a fantastic Space A hub!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageautumn283428@yahoo.com:
    Save your receipts for hotels, gas, moving truck, etc!! You should be refunded for those expenses if you keep your receipts and turn them in when you get to where you're going.

This!! I make myself a moving folder each time. It is labeled "Moving to                2011" In it, I keep every single receipt from the move and any paperwork given to me by the movers. I also use a single sheet of paper and write down all the info for utilities being shut off, who I talked to, and what date they will be shut off. I also do this for all utilities being activated in the new place. I also put the phone numbers on the paper, too. It makes it much easier to contact them if there are any issues!

I also recommend  making a list ahead of time of things you will be packing in the car with you. (Important documents, passports, paperwork on your engagement ring, etc.) I like to bring my jewelry box with me in case any boxes went missing. Good luck! We have moved a TON, so if you have any questions, let me know!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm not sure if the AF uses it or if it's just Army, but move.mil was super helpful. That sight has a ton of info and got us through our most recent move. Best advice anyone ever gave me... keep every receipt if you decide to move yourself, i.e. boxes, packing tape, moving truck, hotels, gas, etc. If you let the military move you, take pics of your major furniture and electronics to prove they work and are in good order in case something happens during the move. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker

PCOS--TTC since 11/2010:   
    5 cycles of Clomid: all BFN, 1 cycle of Follistim:CP
    1 year break thanks to deployment.
    1 cycle Follistim: BFN, Lap to remove peritubal cyst May 2013
    2 cycles Follistim + trigger: BFN, Gonal F +IUI April 2014: BFP!!!!!! 

Boy/Girl Twins due Jan 5, 2015!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"