2nd Trimester
Options

second time moms, did you register?

I think my work is going to do a shower.  But I really doubt there will be any other showers/sprinkles because this is our second baby.  Should I register anyway?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: second time moms, did you register?

• Options
    YES! I wasn't planning on any sprinkles/showers because my daughter is not even two, but registered anyway if for no other reason than the completion coupons! 10% off diapers! Heck yes!! Plus its easy for me to send close friends and family to my registry if they ask what they can get me and insist on getting something even when I say we have everything we need.
  • Options
    We are not registering.  I am having a sprinkle from a co-worker.  I told her we didn't need anything, but gave her some ideas of what people could do....it's a project for my nursery.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My sister is KU with her second. She registered but is not having a shower. It's there for her "do not forget" and the completion perks. If anyone insists on getting her gifts, they know what she will actually use :)
  • Options
    I'm not registering. We have saved all of the huge items and pretty much know what babies need/use now so I'm not too worried. It's not a bad idea though, I just don't think it's necessary for me. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a BRU registry with like 4 items on it so I can keep track of the things I think I need for this one.  I haven't told anyone about the registry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagefrf1537:
    YES! I wasn't planning on any sprinkles/showers because my daughter is not even two, but registered anyway if for no other reason than the completion coupons! 10% off diapers! Heck yes!! Plus its easy for me to send close friends and family to my registry if they ask what they can get me and insist on getting something even when I say we have everything we need.

This is the reason we registered as well. We don't have any family that live in state - they requested that we register so it was an easy way for them to see exactly what we want.

• Options
    This little one is my second and a girl, but my first DD is almost nine, so I have nothing left! So yes I will be registering. My grandmother wants to throw me a shower and my MIL may as well.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I wont be having a shower or a sprinkle but I made a registry specifically for the organized "still need to get" list...I forgot about the coupons and whatnot until some PP said it! (thanks ladies!!) Now I'm super excited to get those in the mail! =D
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat as the pp.  My last "baby" will be 14 when this one is born, so we are pretty much starting from scratch.  I'll definitely register even though I don't expect a huge shower or anything.  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I started an Amazon registry as an online shopping list of things we actually will need for this baby--like a second carseat base, a second changing pad and more covers, and maybe some newborn diapers.  And other things I think of along the way.  I also like having it so I can email it to DH, so he can keep up with the things we will need.  

I'm not expecting any showers/sprinkles, or people to get us anything.  I guess if people ask, that's where I'll send them :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    I did because I'm having two showers thrown for me.  There is a 6 year difference between my first son and this next LO, so we have NOTHING.  Had I had them closer together and kept everything, probably not.  If people wanted to  buy gifts I'd accept them graciously and not worry about registering. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am registering because I got a offer in the mail for $10 gift card at BRU with a new registry plus the completion bonus.  I don't know if anyone is doing a sprinkle for me but if they are then it will give them some options.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My children will be 16.5 and 5 when this baby is born. We don't really have much of anything from ds2. His car seat is expired, crib is recalled. I let a family member borrow his pnp and swing and her children destroyed them.This lo is going to be a girl so im sure lots of people will give us clothes. That being said I doubt we will have a shower. My co-workers will throw me a small get-together.

I will be reigstering just as an organizational tool and for the coupons/discounts.

• Options
    We are not expecting a shower/sprinkle/etc but family will usually buy something for baby, so I added a few things on my amazon.com wish list.  Nothing big, since it is our 4th, but there are a few things we would like.  It also gives DH an idea of what to get me :-)
    DD#1 11/7/04 DS#1 6/24/06 Chemical Pregnancy 6/08 DD#2 1/28/10 after secondary infertility, Clomid, & acupuncture missed m/c 6/2010 at 8 weeks (baby stopped growing @ 5.5) DS born sleeping 1/13/2011 due to cord accident at 22 weeks. DD#3 3/10/2012
  • Options

Why not?

#1: you get coupons when you do.

#2: the only people who will see it are people who go looking for it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    yep, and when I told my best friend I was preggo, she already started planning a shower.  I'm registering for all the new fangled things they invented since the last time!  I'm also hoping for a girl this time, so hopefully lots of pink to fill in my registry!
  • Options
    Yes! we def. registered. Our parents are helping out with ours. Which with my first shower I handled everything. But it all went well and DD got alot of stuff. So this time we're thinking it will be HUGE with DS on the way . 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"