3rd Trimester
Options

No BH's or Contractions Yet?

I am 37 weeks tomorrow, and I have yet to experience a BH or a real contraction. I know it's normal for some people to just never feel them until you are in labor. So how many of you went this long without feeling any kind of BH or contractions at all?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: No BH's or Contractions Yet?

• Options
    I felt nothing until I was induced at 41 w 1 d.
  • Options

I was wondering the same thing. I am 33 weeks today with twins and although my stomach has been tightening for a while now I am not sure if they are contractions. Everyone says they are supposed to be painful but when I went to the doctor last thursday night because I wasn't sure if I was having contractions, I was having a few contractions while I was there and I didnt even know!! Nothing was painful so I think it just depends on the person. I wish I knew when I was having them because I am so ready for my little m&m's to come out!

**TiMER Date 11.26.2009** **Novitas Vacuus Vicis** Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I never had any BH, and didn't feel contractions until they swept my membranes at 38 and again at 40 weeks.  Had them stripped last Thurs (40w1d), and had them for about an hour, and have had them sporadically since.

Totally normal to not feel them.  You'll know contractions, they'll stop you in your tracks and you'll think "WTH is that?!"...they're pretty darn uncomfortable.  They've had me stop talking mid-sentence and stop walking mid-step.

• Options
    I never had BH or contractions until I went into labor.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Still nothing..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Single mama - beautiful baby - learning to live
  • Options
    I have not felt what I am sure is a contraction yet.  You are not alone :)
  • Options
    Gaaah, you guys are lucky. If I never have one more BH, my pregnancy would be breezy right now.
  • Options
    Maybe yours are extremely light.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    you might not have any if its your first pregnancy. my OB said its rare for 1st timers to have any BH or contractions before they go into labor.
  • Options
    I am 37 weeks with twins, and thought it was weird that I hadn't  been having any Braxton-Hicks contractions either.  Around week 31 we had a scare and the doctor thought my fluid levels were low, and then I noticed some watery discharge and went to the maternity ward's triage unit to get it checked out - just in case I was leaking.  So, while I was there, they had me hooked up to heart-rate monitors and a monitor to watch for contractions.  As it turns out, I was having the BH contractions, but because there is so much movement already going on in there I couldn't tell the difference.  So, my point is, you might be having them, but if they are mild, you might not know it. 
  • Options
    Still nothing here
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You could be like my family.  The only way we can tell when we're having BH's is because if you look closely, our entire stomach is tight and maybe just a little bit smaller.  But they don't hurt.  After a while, it just feels like you've done a lot of sit-ups.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker babies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"