Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

throw up freaked me out

went to burp my lil girl after feeding her and she threw up. the freaky part is it came out of her nose and mouth. i only sat her up to burp her; didn't even pat her back yet when this occured.did i sit her up too fast? what did i do wrong? i need to prevent this from happening again.

Re: throw up freaked me out

• Options
    Like spit up? Does your LO normally not spit up? Im not sure about it coming out of her nose, but spit up is very normal. Even if it's chunky looking or watery. Maybe she ate way too fast?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    very rarely does she spit up. i think she may have ate too fast. ugh poor kid.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How old is she? DS spit up a lot in the beginning, like the first month, and its come out his nose a few times. Nothing to worry about! Though it did freak me out!

• Options
    I have to burp DD in the middle of her bottle bc of that. Too much air will get in her belly and it'll be like a volcano of formula if she doesn't burp.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Options
    How much was it? I remember back in the day DD would occasionally puke up a TON, like an entire feeding as soon as I sat her up. There was nothing that could be done about it, and she didn't have a fever or anything else to make me think she was sick. If it happens a lot your baby may have trouble with reflux or something, but I'd say give it some time.. may just be one of those things that happens with babies.
  • Options
    thanks ladies. she is 2 weeks old. she was drank 2 oz before the spit up volcano occured.
  • Options
    Unless it's recurrent and causing her not to gain weight or it bothers her a lot, don't worry about it. It's basically normal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"