Snarky and T-TTC
Options

How long before prune juice = poop?

Earlier today there was a post about poop, or the lack of poop.  I just downed a huge glass of prune juice....so how long before I know if that works or not?  How much prune juice do you need to drink for it to make you poop?  Next step is the milk of magnesia.  My dr. said that was ok to try.  Colace isn't working, drinking lots of water, eating lots of fiber, eating greasy food...nothing is working.  No poop here since Wednesday.  I'm growing desperate!

Re: How long before prune juice = poop?

• Options

I didn't down the prune juice, but I ate the recommended 5 pieces of prune and pooped within a few hours.

Warm tea or coffee helps, as does walking.

• Options
    Your babies are extra hungry :) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I suppose that's fine if the food is getting sucked up somewhere else.  But the thought of 5 days worth of food sitting in my intestines is really starting to gross me out!
  • Options

Hmmm, I should think a glass would be plenty.  I would hope it would work sometime tonight or early am.  I would pile it all on along with it, 2 colace, water, fruit, a walk.  Some very hot drink.   I can't stand being backed up.

If nothing works, I would think you'll have to attack it from the south end soon.  Not a fun thought, but relief is so so worth it.

Good luck girl.

• Options
    I called the OB today and they recommended trying the milk of magnesia next.  I suppose if I end up doing that and it doesn't work then I will call back and I'm sure an enema will be the next step. Indifferent
  • Options

Sorry, I couldnt resist.  Being backed up sucks. I hope it passes soon.

• Options

imageCO Kate:

LOL Kate!! That's totally me!

• Options

When I would have issues and ate 5 prunes..it never took more than a couple hours. I would also try some hot tea.

I have the complete opposite issue w/ my pregnancy.

• Options
    Alpaca- have you tried metamucil?  Maybe give that a shot once you get things going again.  It helps my butt a ton.
  • Options
    I have benefiber.  I guess I need to really start taking it every day. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"