Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

If I put him down awake and he still wakes all night long....

Now what?

LO had a strong nurse to sleep association. From 0 - 7 months I nursed him until he was asleep then put him down with no problem, but he would then wake every 2-3 hours all night.

Pedi and every book out there says MUST PUT BABY DOWN AWAKE in order for them to not keep waking up all night.

Well, we went through 3 weeks of NCSS and I can now put LO in his crib awake after our routine and he may fuss for 30 seconds  2 minutes but then will lay down himself and go to sleep.

But he still wakes every 2-3 hours!

I thought that was the key? The solution?

Any tips? I am so confused.

We use a white noise machine, have black out curtains, a bedtime routine, temp is perfect, naps are better than they used to be, he eats well all day....help!

Re: If I put him down awake and he still wakes all night long....

• Options
    Linz-ELinz-E member
    My DD has been putting her self to sleep for over 2 months and still wakes through the night... 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
    This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.
  • Options
    Sorry, I don't have any advice.  Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just don't go in.
    Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• Options
    Is he nursing each time? I had the two hour night wakings and I am hoping we found a solution. We changed his nipples for bottles to medium and he has slept longer the last couple nights. We increased each bottle an ounce too. He doesn't go down fully awake but can sleep 6-7 hours before waking. On the days I only nurse we will see how it goes but I nurse on demand and he will eat every couple hours. Seems my solutions all revolve around food and not how he goes down.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"