Pregnant after 35

***** Pregnant After 35 Weekly Check-In *****

Welcome to the Pregnant after 35 Weekly Check-In!

If you would like to be added to the check-in, just reply to this post with:

your screen name
first name (optional)
due date
sex of baby (if known, or will it be a surprise?)

Please let me know if you have any updates and/or edits that need to be made. Also, if I missed any births please let me know so we can celebrate with you!

Updates: How are you feeling?  Any events/news to share?  New pregnancy symptoms or any that have disappeared?

Question of the Week (QOTW):  With this heat, we could all use a cool refreshing beverage.  Please share your favorite mocktail or cocktail recipe.
**If you have ideas for future QOTW, let me know **

Congrats to the New JUNE and JULY Mommies!
HisEarth gave birth to Micah Deon, 5 weeks early, on 6/14; 5lbs 3ozs Pearly609 gave birth to T'Kai on 6/25; 7lbs and 19 1/2 inches Newbee36 gave birth to Ian on 7/13; 8lbs 3oz and 20.9 in. long Beekernbaby gave birth to Charlotte Grace on 7/13; 8lbs 12 oz LauraLynne gave birth to Louis H III on 7/16; 7lbs 9 oz, 21 inches long   Pregnant Moms by Due Date:

July 2011
honeylizb (Liz): 07/01/11
figsandolives (Tina): 07/12/11 - Surprise
shinergirl (Stephanie): 07/12/11
srhartline (Sandy): 07/13/11 - Boy
Woodwife (Claire): 07/15/11 ? Girl
Funfirl (Kim) 7/15/11- Girl
ssull1974 (Shannon): 07/18/11
BarefootContessa: 07/19/11
Greysmommy (Ashli) 7/23/11 Girl
njohnson1972 (Natasha): 07/25/11 - Surprise
Peppernut (Amy): 07/27/11 ? Girl
Tulips40p (Pam): 7/30/2011-Boy
johnsonjeril (Jeri): 07/31/11 - Twins - Girl/Boy
Married2MrPooh: 07/31/11

August 2011
hocus: 08/02/11 - Boy
Melanie1119 (Melanie): 08/04/11 - Surprise?
queenalexandra (Alex): 08/04/11
iItsmevkb (Kelly): 08/07/11
Bridgeybride (Bridge) 08/07/11 Boy
Jen&Louie (Jen): 08/08/11 ? Surprise
tumble: 08/08/11 (scheduled c/s) ? Girl AhariUfemei (Roxy) 8/10/11 - Boy
EllenK11 ( Ellen) 8/14/11- Surprise
Jen&Peter (Jen) CS 8/15 - Boy ElectoRed (Michelle): 08/15/11 Tiplovesdap (Tammy) 8/17/11 Boy Jgray6651 (Jen) 8/20/11 stephb7i (Steph): 08/21/11
alliapistor (Allison): 08/23/11 - Boy
SoBlessed2011 (Deedee): 08/23/11 - Boy
fabfive (Kim): 08/25/11 - Girl
SunMoon&Stars (Diana): 08/27/11
Jennairess (Jen): 08/26/11- Girl
35baby  8/31/11
September 2011
MissyOlivePants (Stacy): 09/01/11
Jerilyn&dave (Jerilyn): 9/1/11 - Boy Heatherebee (Heather): 9/3/2011 - Girl BlueEyedWitch09 (Tracey): 09/04/11 -Boy tanyajill (Tanya): 09/05/11 - Surprise
rpm22 (Robin): 09/05/11
SFAug07 (Kathi): 09/05/11 - Girl
DMBabyX2 (Stephie): 09/07/11 - Boy
Accelle: 09/12/11 - Boy?
tinkerbelle (Vanesa): 09/12/11
ciarhwyfar (Kierin): 09/19/11
festivus: 09/19/11 - Twins ? Boy?s
AZ_legacy (Susan): 09/20/11
Chargermama (Heather): 09/20/11 - Team Pink JenlovesDon (Jen): 09/21/11 abrandt31 (Andrea): 09/23/11 - Surprise
alfontaine (April): 09/24/11 - Surprise
MRSDNA: 09/27/11
  October 2011 stabil19 (Stacey) 10/04/11 team green
tlc7068 (Tracy): 10/06/11
RaggedyAnne (Anne): 10/07/11
Jenn&Chris2 10/07/11 KittyHolland  10/8/2011 Norvelln (Nikki) 10/10/11 Beyoga (Deidra) October 11th  newmomma72 (Traci): 10/14/2011 yankeebear (Lis) 10/16/11- Girl Makita5  (Stephanie) Oct 18, 2011 TexasBride (Kayla) 10/18/11 Girl Clipingirl (Denise)  10/26 CS
cfitz16 (Cheryl): 10/19/11
Haribo1: 10/20/11
Jcegan71 (Janice) 10/21/11
miafromab (Mia): 10/22/11
Spedi (Sarah): 10/25/11
  November 2011 Augustbride (Trish) 11/1/11 Suprise
BabyTG (Tee): 11/02/11 ? Surprise
Tbaban (Tiffany) 11/3/11 Janimal (Jan) Due 11/5/11 - BOY!
mlm334: 11/07/11
Crs1225 11/7/11- Girl
McRib: 11/08/11
snowkiwi (Katie): 11/11/11
Dallashorn 11/11/11 TrishinBanff  (Trish) 11/26/11 - Boy! 
junebugrbig (Michelle): 11/17/11 -Girl LucyRicardo3: 11/19/11 - Twins! Jb2rn (Jen) 11/21/11 Punter2009 (Lani) 11/24/11 - Girl
Mumb3th (Beth) 11/24/11 pghjen (Jen) 11/26/11 - Team Green cyndis29 (Cyndi)11/30/2011   December 2011 VelvetElegance (Adrienne) 12/1/11 RNICU11 (Shane) 12/7/11 CheezeFace (Melanie) 12/7/11 - Boy Kangaroo35 (Kristin) 12/4/11 Girl Heathercare (Heather) 12/12/11 Redlass13 (Tamara) 12/14/11 Jerzee1974 (Melanie) 12/15/11 Owl38 12/15/11 GraceInCa (Grace) 12/16/11 Suprise Eibhlin1 (Kathleen) 12/18/11 MrsJordanAlmond (Robin) 12/19/11- Boy jlynnbryant (Jennifer Lynn) 12/19/11  Petunia007 (Erin) 12/21/11 Jenny 12/21/11cdelbove 12/21/11 
Shea52 (Sharon) 12/22/11 Lopark72 (Lori) 12/23/11 ApronStrings (Christina) 12/25/11 Lebee2512 (Bee) 12/26/11 (CS) SchnauzerL0ver (Athena) 12/26/11 ChellBug (Michelle) 12/27/11 Jam2mom (Melissa) 12/30/11

Chavayjakov 12/30/11 - boy Huahine 12/31/11    January 2012 Alibaba16 (Ali) 1/1/12 Processofbecoming (Eileen) 1/1/12 kreejd (Kristen) 1/8/12 tubamom2 (Tracey) 1/12/12 Holli0303 (Holli) 1/16/12 kiwiadirem (Kim) 1/16/12 - BOY! preggyamy (Amy) 1/24/12 Puckchick (Tara) 1/25/12 - Team Green goldilocksnbears  1/?/12   February 2012 Mtngirl2007 (Amanda) 2/2/12 YaraC (Laura) 2/6/12 Paulaanne (Paula) 2/13/12 Jen&Louie (Jen) 2/15/12 Geeps2 (Karen) 2/18/12 ? Surprise newhite33 (Nicole) 2/8/12 azhuskergirl (Susan) 2/20/12
Quinnsaras (Sara) 2/21/12 Aurora (Tracey) 2/22/12 March 2012 dtucker1126 (Dana) 3/17/2012
image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: ***** Pregnant After 35 Weekly Check-In *****

• Updates: How are you feeling?  Any events/news to share?  New pregnancy symptoms or any that have disappeared?

Feeling good.  I miss sleeping well, but everything else is great.  Over the weekend I received the results of my NT Scan and Sequential Screening.  At my midwife appointment yesterday she explained that my age-based risk of Downs went from 1 in 170 to 1 in 820 after the tests.  And my Trisonomy numbers are even better.  So that's all good. 

Somehow I managed to drop 2 lbs during the week I was on vacation (I'd weighed in the Wednesday before leaving when I came in to do my second stick for the Sequential Screening).  So that raised a bit of concern for my midwife.  I started off this pregnancy overweight but sofar I've only put on 2lbs from my prepregnancy weight.  I'm literally eating 6 times a day to keep my hypoglycemia in check.  I think this means I can up my ice cream intake. 

Question of the Week (QOTW):  With this heat, we could all use a cool refreshing beverage.  Please share your favorite mocktail or cocktail recipe.

Last weekend I was in the car with my mother-in-law, who is practically a teatotaler.  She asked me how I was dealing with the heat and then proceeded to regale me with stories about how when she was in Norfolk, pregnant with my husband, she would spend the days sitting on the porch, sipping Gin and Tonics.  Well, if I hadn't been buckled in I would have fallen out of my seat. 

If my mom had said she boozed her way through her pregnancy I wouldn't have batted an eye.  But my MIL?  Shocking.  

My favorite pregnancy cocktail is the Passing Shower.  I'm a huge fan of the Dark and Stormy, which is made with ginger beer (non-alcoholic), dark rum and a healthy squeeze of lime.  During first trimester I found my nausea was worse in the evenings, and ginger really helped keep it in check.  So I'd crack open a ginger beer, squeeze a lime, and whip up a Dark and Stormy for DH and a very weak version for myself, which I dubbed the Passing Shower. 

Lately I've been worried that I'm not eating enough veggies, so I've been supplementing with V8.  In the evenings, I like to throw in a dash of hot sauce or pinch of cayenne, worcestershire, celery salt, black pepper, and a squeeze of lemon or lime.  Garnished with a stalk or two of celery, my vodka-free Bloody Mary even manages to look like a health drink. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'd like to be included on the list also please:  raceyrae(Rachel) 3/16/2012.  Thanks. 

Updates: How are you feeling?  Any events/news to share?  New pregnancy symptoms or any that have disappeared?

So far I only had m/s for about a week and it was just an annoying nausea for part of the day.  I'm definitely thankful that it's subsided but like with my two girls, not having a lot of "pg symptoms" makes it nerve-wracking wondering if everything is ok.  Still another two weeks before my first u/s and time is dragging.  I just really want to see the heartbeat and know everything is ok.

I actually don't really have any.  I'm mostly just a water/tea woman.  I gave up caffeine (did with both my girls also) and am avoiding caffeine-free until after the 1st tri but I could really go for a diet coke!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageHuahine:

Lately I've been worried that I'm not eating enough veggies, so I've been supplementing with V8.  In the evenings, I like to throw in a dash of hot sauce or pinch of cayenne, worcestershire, celery salt, black pepper, and a squeeze of lemon or lime.  Garnished with a stalk or two of celery, my vodka-free Bloody Mary even manages to look like a health drink. 

That sounds so good right now!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Geeps2Geeps2 member

Updates: How are you feeling? Any events/news to share? New pregnancy symptoms or any that have disappeared?

I feel fantantastic.  Getting ready to leave for my delayed honeymoon bright and early tomorrow morning.  Had a great appt with my new OBs office and heard the babies heartbeat with the doppler.  Life is good!

Question of the Week (QOTW): With this heat, we could all use a cool refreshing beverage. Please share your favorite mocktail or cocktail recipe. I love seltzer.  So when I go out I always order a clubsoda with a splash of cranberry and lime.  It looks like a real drink, is refreshing and tastey. I also don't want to waste calories on a full glass of fruit juice so I have seltzer and add a splash of any juice (lemonade, cranberry, pom, grapefruit) you name it, you like it, you can have it!!! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Updates: How are you feeling? Any events/news to share? New pregnancy symptoms or any that have disappeared?

feeling gassy, bloated and constipated.  well - you asked.  i think i may have felt this critter move ... but then again, could have been the gas.  otherwise, nothing really eventful. 

Question of the Week (QOTW): With this heat, we could all use a cool refreshing beverage. Please share your favorite mocktail or cocktail recipe.

had a girls gtg this weekend (9 of us all together - all friends from the knot since 2003) ... a lot of sangria was consumed.  i stole some fruit and poured in the club soda.  it was delish.  not enough alcohol to count, but just enough to flavor the club soda.

• Like Mrs. Jordanalmond, I too am gassy, bloated, and constipated :-(.  I think I felt the baby move once, which was pretty exciting and we found out that we are team pink!

No advice on the cocktail- just been drinking a lot of water and caffeine free iced tea. 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • imageMrsJordanalmond:

had a girls gtg this weekend (9 of us all together - all friends from the knot since 2003) ... a lot of sangria was consumed.  i stole some fruit and poured in the club soda.  it was delish.  not enough alcohol to count, but just enough to flavor the club soda.

Ooh, sangria fruity seltzer sounds yummy.  I'm having thoughts about frozen grapes and seltzer . . . 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How am I feeling?  hmm...like a HUGE, bloated whale!!!  I am tired all the time but can't fall asleep at night because it is so uncomfortable.  I am getting a little nervous about the actual delivery but am excited to get to meet this little girl finally!

Sadly, I have no mocktail recipes!  However, a virgin banana daquiri sounds pretty darn good right now!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Chalk another one up to the gassy, bloated and constipated team! Ugh! Otherwise, I feel great!

My favorite mocktail is to mix pomegranate juice with Perrier water. yum!

Eric and Amanda 9.1.07
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Updates: How are you feeling? Any events/news to share? New pregnancy symptoms or any that have disappeared?

I'm feeling okay since I've been stuck indoors bc of the heat. Heat is finally going away... I've noticed the swelling in my feet has subsided (2 wks ago was SO BAD).. I'm hoping to get out for a walk today... Getting anxious about delivery..on the fence about a csection for Monday... and it is making me nervous  that this little guy is not moving so much.. keep waking him up with pokes and ice water. He is moving, though...I'm also feeling impatient.. just want to meet him already.

Question of the Week (QOTW): With this heat, we could all use a cool refreshing beverage. Please share your favorite mocktail or cocktail recipe. In Peppernut's post, I mentioned my decaf iced tea with a splash of OJ.. which was always a favorite in summertime growing up.  It makes me really think of and miss my mom (who passed away in 2003).. she would be so excited for another grandchild.  Another drink that I made when I was pregnant with my daughter but just haven't done this time around is mango juice with sparkling water.. I'm a HUGE fan of mango margaritas and I drank that alot,.. Trader Joe's sells the sparkling juices too... really good... cranberry/pomegranate/apple cider... 

• I think (fingers crossed) that I am done now with all the 1T ickiness.

As unlikely as it seems, I think I am feeling a little baby movement. Not a lot. Just a night when I am lying still in bed on my left side. I would be skeptical too if I was reading that. I felt my daughter move pretty early and I just don't think it is anything else. 

I don't have any drink recipes. But I'll be checking out all the great suggestions in this post. 

• My friends say I've dropped, but I don't feel any different!  Still perfectly fine.  We missed the window for a Cancer baby, but that's okay, she'll be ready when she's ready.  Maybe she will be a due date baby!

For drinks, I love Odwalla limeade right now.  I also love Welch's Grape juice mixed with ginger ale.  What I *should* be drinking is water, and lots of it.  :) 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Update:  I am feeling good.  i feel big and cant bend over well.  started walking more again.  baby is doing well.  i passed my 3 hour glucose test this week.  i still am getting sharp pains on the sides when sleeping.

QOTW:  i have no favorite drink.  i love wine so none of that now. 

image Sandy RIP 1-11-09 imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hi goldilocksnbears

due in Jan 6 2012

not sue of sex don't really wanna know

I am 49 yrs old 50 at delivery

we had long sad hx of 3MC and years of loss

this is my third baby I have 2 teens from 1st dh

this is 2nd dh's 1st

will have level 2 US NT nest week Aug 3rd am nervous but not thinking about it. 

because of my age are high risk to deliver in portland.  

I am nesting and like the smell of paint lol want to rearrange everything.

like salt can't go food shopping buy all sorts of food and wont eat it. I am tired and a lil sensitive, snappy? also my allergies are in high swing look like eczema on my face it is upsetting. 

IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • my Dh buys these fruit drinks in the health food asile Ceres Apricot is yummy. 

I like shakes Malts coffee flovored malteds 

no caffeine for last 2 yrs per my acupuncturist who also says for healthy pregancy and preconception no cold or raw foods.

but in the heat she said a little is ok. It disturbs the energy in the uterus. Well at my age I will listen to her.

still have MS will for 9 months. flat coke sometimes helps. just a sip and keep meals small but am eating 8 small meals a day.

ensure and carnation instant breakfast is good when nothing wants to stay down 

IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • emadlma
    Emily
    December 26, 2011
    Boy 

Please let me know if you have any updates and/or edits that need to be made. Also, if I missed any births please let me know so we can celebrate with you!
     UpdatesSo far things have been going very well. I never had too much morning sickness which was such a blessing. I have been totally prenesting this month since I have the summer off as a teacher. I am sort of feeling the baby move around. Sometimes it is hard to tell if it's gas or my own heartbeat in my tummy. I fell down a few stairs last week which was really scary, but luckily I landed on my bum. (The bruise is healing now and awkwardly itchy.) My bump has really been showing lately, so I have broken out the maternity tops and am showing it off. 
    Question of the Week (QOTW):  Lemonade or limeade with sprite and crushed ice. So yummy!

Edited because I am an English teacher and that's what we do.
    Pregnancy Ticker 

BFP: 7/20/14  MMC: 8/29/14  D&C: 8/31
    BFP: 12/27/14 MMC: 1/26/15 D&C: 1/29
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• How are you feeling?  I'm feeling a little bit better now.  Though I still get nauseous often, it is much less intense. Still have the crazy 1st tri bloating. My NT scan is one week from today and I cannot wait to see this little one again.

QOTW: I've been drinking a lot of cold water but, when it gets boring, I've been mixing 1/4 juice to 3/4 water.  My fave is Minute Maid Blueberry Pomegranate. To beat the heat I am just trying to stay in the a/c as much as possible and taking DS to the splash park in our neighborhood.

the boymom is expecting a girl!
    big brothers 12.2009 and 02.2012
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sorry, I cant get the underline to go away. Please add me to the list. Screen name:Studio8Design, real name: Wendy, due 3/26/2011
    Wendy(41), Married to Phillip(34)and Mommy to Gabriel(4)
  • Please add me:

Danish16, EDD 3/12/12, team green (at least for now)

Updates - nothing new to report.  Biggest symptom is fatigue (and the same lovely GI issues others have mentioned...).

QOTW - my fav for the moment is a virgin pina colada, but I might have to try out some of these other suggestions!

Me: 41, DH 43 TTC #1 since 8/09 CP 10/09.
    3/11 Clomid-Ovidrel-IUI #1-progesterone= BFN.
    5/11 Femara-Bravelle-Ovidrel-IUI#2-progesterone=BFN.
    6/11 Femara-Ovidrel-IUI#3-progesterone=BFP!
    Beta #1 7/1: 39. Beta #2 7/5: 301 U/S 7/19 - saw HB!!
    EDD 3/12/12
    DD born 3/5/12
    Baby #2 Beta #1 12/16: 439.  Beta #2 12/18: 1240
    EDD 8/22/15

• chrisandmarysusan
    Mary Susan
    March 15th
    don't know yet but can't wait to find out

Updates: We had our first ultrsound yesterday and saw the baby and the heart beating, didn't get to hear it but seeing it was enough. My DH was sooo cute during the u/s he asked if they could tell the sex, we are only 7 weeks so I had to laugh and so did the technician, he is clueless.

I am enjoying the Tastefullt Simple Lovin Lemon Slush it is great!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageemadlma:

Question of the Week (QOTW):  Lemonade or limeade with sprite and crushed ice. So yummy!

This so makes me wish my fridge had a crushed ice option.  Instant slushy!  I might have to get to work with a bag of cubes and a frying pan.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • hbaby13 due 12/22/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"