Phoenix Babies
Options

Mommy groups Scottsdale

Hi, I'm looking to make some "new mom" friends. My husband & I have lived in Scottsdale for a year, and it's time to reach out. Life is grand, and look forward to meeting others nearby who are learning the ropes of motherhood. Our baby is due in 23 days!! :-)

What groups in the Scottsdale area can you recommend? Thanks SO much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Mommy groups Scottsdale

• Options
    Scottsdale Shea has group that meets once a week, think it is called Moms on the Move.  It is a great way to meet people.  There is also the Scottsdale Parenting Group and North Central Parenting Group - depending upon where you are in Scotts, the N Central one may be closer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    PacbrzPacbrz member

Ah thank you for the info., as I see this board is unfortunately very inactive. I will be delivering at Scottsdale Shea, and recently heard about their post birth groups.  I am 3 miles from the hospital, so I need to figure out which group is closer. Are you a member of any you mentioned?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I think Shea is probably closer, but I think the North Central Group is one that people join and stay a member for years.  I know a bunch of people that went to the Shea one for a few weeks/months after the baby was born and met a lot of people they are still friends with.  I am thinking of trying the North Central Group this fall.  There is also a Scottsdale Parenting Group, but I think it is smaller.

A few other things you may want to look in to music class and/or the Junior League.  The Junior League is a group of women that volunteer to help the community, but it is a really good way to meet people.  Info is available at jlp.org. There is also a great music class that is wonderful and a great way to meet people, musicologyaz.com.

Hope this help! Good luck with your delivery. 

• Options
    PacbrzPacbrz member
    Thank you so much! It's getting SO close to due date now :-) I appreciate all of your suggestions. Maybe will run across each other some day w/out knowing. Ha!
  • Options

One more thing - there is also a Scottsdale Moms Blog on FB that plans events.  A few friends of mine go and enjoy it.

Good luck! 

• Options
    I've recently started going to the Mom's group at Scottsdale Shea and so far it's been great.  A little awkward in the beginning since it seemed to me that most moms have known each other for a while but it's getting better.  I've also taken my son (10 wks) to the newborn swim classes offered at Hubbard Swim School and met a few new parents but you have less time for chit chat since everyone's trying to keep a hold on their slippery, wiggly babies!  As for joining any groups on meetup.com I wouldn't recommend it.  I joined 3 groups and have found ZERO usefulness.  Most of the group's members have children with such a wide range of ages that it's never been applicable or appropriate for me to attend an outing.  So far the best experience I've had was a little mom's group I put together on my own.  I invited some of my acquaintances that have young babies (7 months and younger) over to our house for a playdate and mimosas (yes, I'm one of those moms!).  I'd be happy to keep you in the loop if I find any other beneficial groups since I'm currently experiencing how hard it is to find the right fit.  You can find me on facebook through my email address reneesmason@hotmail.com (I actually need to update that information because I don't actively use that email account anymore.)  Good luck!  Scottsdale Shea was AMAZING and I'm so glad we delivered there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are due right around the same time at the same hospital!  I had joined a moms group on meetup.com for DD, it was great, cause it was centered around the same age range.....makes a huge difference.  With this baby, I may not have as much time to do play groups etc...but let me know what you find, I am thinking of looking into the group associated with the hospital that everyone speaks about.  Maybe I will see you at the hospital...:)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    PacbrzPacbrz member

imagerab41380:
    We are due right around the same time at the same hospital!  I had joined a moms group on meetup.com for DD, it was great, cause it was centered around the same age range.....makes a huge difference.  With this baby, I may not have as much time to do play groups etc...but let me know what you find, I am thinking of looking into the group associated with the hospital that everyone speaks about.  Maybe I will see you at the hospital...:)

When are you due? How would I recognize you? I'll be the one screaming!! lol

• Options
    Moms on the move at Scottsdale Shea and Osborn is great. I think all the library's in the Scottsdale have mommy/baby classes. Hubbard swim school has a mommy/baby group it's free until 6 mos.
  • Options
    Help! Fairly new mommy looking for others in the same boat in N. Valley (Desert Ridge area). Anyone else out there??  I even started a group on Facebook - "North Valley Moms 'N' Tots" but not too many folks yet. What is your group online?? REALLY need some other new mommies for play dates and mommy time!! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"