Working Moms
Options

advice...opinions...?

So in my Monday morning vent I had said how much I am miserable at my job. Well I need some advice. I have been wanting to put my notice in that I am leaving my current job. DH and I can get by on just his income...but I don't think I want to go too long w/o some type of work. Even if it means a part time job (retail...whatever) until a fulltime job opens. If you were really miserable at your job, would you give notice or just ride it out? I know it sounds stupid to ask...b/c we all know how the economy is...but I feel like I complain/b!tch about my job every night to dh and it is starting to make him almost angry/resentful towards me for having to listen to me. I have an interview this Saturday and feel like I have a good shot at it. So what do you all say? Has anyone been in this position before? I just don't know how much more I can stand being at my job.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: advice...opinions...?

• Options

You need to stop complaining about your job to your DH, it will wear him down and yes, it will start to affect your relationship. Instead- vent on the bump if you feel the need to vent. Then, you need to start looking for another job. Stop wasting energy being so miserable, it is what it is. Just do your job, go home and try to make the best of it until you can find another one.

I know exactly what it's like to hate your job. An attitude adjustment will do wonders until you can find another job. GL on Saturday.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I personally wouldn't quit until I had another job lined up...but only you can tell if being that miserable is impacting things to where not working would be better for you.
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was in your shoes not too long ago.  I sucked it up and stuck it out until I had a new job in hand, and then I resigned. 

That was just over a year ago, and I am so much happier now.  But there's no way that I would quit a job without having a new one lined up. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    They always say it's easier to find a job when you already have a job, so I would stick with it. Try to focus on the positive in the meantime. I know what it's like to be miserable at a job and I get that it's hard, but do what you have to in order to get through the day and leave it at the door when you go home so as to not effect your mood and relationship in the evenings too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    While I agree that it's better to find a job while you still have one, I am going to go against the opinions of other posts on here. I, personally, need my income. However, if you truely could get by on just his income indefinitely, maybe quitting now isn't such a bad thing. This will let you spend extra time with your kiddos (if you have kids) and let you focus more time on the job search and interviews. I always do better in interviews when I don't rush over straight from work. Plus, the stress you're experiencing may be taking its toll on your family.
  • Options
    imagefinancialdiva:

You need to stop complaining about your job to your DH, it will wear him down and yes, it will start to affect your relationship. Instead- vent on the bump if you feel the need to vent. Then, you need to start looking for another job. Stop wasting energy being so miserable, it is what it is. Just do your job, go home and try to make the best of it until you can find another one.

I know exactly what it's like to hate your job. An attitude adjustment will do wonders until you can find another job. GL on Saturday.

I totally agree with this.  I HATE my job and have hated it for a while now, I have been actively looking for another job since January.  It has just been recently where I stopped complaining about it, although I do still complain here about it!  Embarrassed 

• Options
    My dad has always told me, "You don't quit your job until you have another one."  I am starting to hate my job.  I would quit tomorrow if we didn't need my health insurance.   I am not currently looking for another one because I really don't want to stay in my line of work anymore and I feel trapped.  I also make decent money...that's the only thing that keeps me going.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"