Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Broccoli, cheese, & rice casserole recipe needed

Who has a good one. I want to make it for a cook out tomorrow but have never made one before. TIA

Re: Broccoli, cheese, & rice casserole recipe needed

• Options
    when I make my chicken broccoli, cheese rice I usually just add cooked instant rice to a casserole dish with cream of broccoli soup, a cup of milk, salt, pepper, fresh herbs and lots of shredded cheddar cheese on top. You can just nix the chicken.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yum! I don't have a good recipe but would suggest a broccoli bacon & cheddar salad if it is for a cookout...just a thought!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Soap1Soap1 member

This is pretty much the standard southern-style Broccoli Rice Casserole:

Make two boxes of Uncle Ben's original recipe wild rice (some people just use white rice but I like the wild rice better)

Cook one large package frozen broccoli florets according to package directions.

Chop one cup celery and one cup onion.  Heat one tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat.  Cook celery and onion until soft.  Add one jar cheez whiz, one can cream of mushroom soup, and one can cream of celery soup.  Stir until melted.  Mix with broccoli.

Layer rice on bottom of casserole dish and pour broccoli cheese mixture on top.  Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    philadelpia cooking cream is the best. you use in cassaroles or on pasta,rice.i like the savory garlic flavor 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"