Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

When did you take LO for their first....

When did you take your LO for their first walk in the stroller?

Grayson is 1 week old but born early at 36 weeks. He is small but perfectly healthy. How long should I wait before taking him out for walks around the block in the stroller?

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When did you take LO for their first....

• Options

I don't know what the "correct" answer is, but I took D for her first walk in the stroller when she was 9 weeks.  She was not a fan, but then again, she hates her car seat with a passion.

Have fun with your walk! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I assume you mean a stroller where the car seat snaps in? The only concern you should have about a stroller walk is that the neck is supported enough -- obviously OK with a travel system. Otherwise, you can do a stroller walk from Day 1. Fresh air is good for babies!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I should have added - I do have a travel system with a carseat that snaps into the stroller.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Right away! We go everywhere that we can walk to and that is outside! My pediatrician told me to get her out as long as it is at least 60 degrees. My son never liked the carseat so walks were tough, but my daughter loves it! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We took LO at 3 weeks old.  Granted, she was born in mid-Dec, so we didn't have much of an opportunity to go on walks except for the randomly 50-degree New Year's Day.  

Given decent weather, I think going for a short walk now would be fine. It'll probably do you both some good to get fresh air! 

• Options
    My LO was maybe a week old - my mom took her out (I had a c-section) and she loved it. Just make sure you don't overdess him if it's hot and use a hat or something to protect him from the sun.
  • Options
    KelsnEmKelsnEm member
    My D is for weeks now and we just got back from our (almost) daily walk.  I take her in her stroller and put the dog on the leash and we're off!  I think the first time we  went my DH was with us and she was about 2 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    we went to the mall at 2 weeks
  • Options
    we were thinking about maybe tonight or tomorrow. Just around the block.
  • Options
    Less than a week. We go for lots of walks!
  • Options
    I would have right away, but I had a csection, and once I started to feel up to it, it got rainy and cold.
  • Options
    Since she was a week old in our travel system. We have done morning and evening walks, and she loves the fresh air! I have walked with her for hours certain days, and she passes right out. I'm not looking forward to the summer when it gets too hot to take her out!
  • Options
    I've been taking walks with my little guy while wearing him since he was 4 days old.  We tried the stroller to go to the farmers market last week and he wasn't a fan... he doesn't much care for his car seat.  He likes walks but prefers to be worn. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
  • Options
    Our LO was less than a week when we went for our first walk.  We asked the pediatrician about taking him out in the heat and they said that if it is hot we should limit exposure to 10-15 minutes and then cool LO off since they cannot regulate their body temperature yet.
  • Options
    The first day we were home...so she was 4 days old.  The fresh air is good for them!  And the moms :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our stroller is still in the attic. DD much prefers to be carried during walks.
  • Options
    LO was about 3 weeks old. He loves his walks. We go about a mile or 25 minutes either early in the morning or in the evening when the temps are lower and the sun is not as strong.
  • Options
    My LO was about 1 week old!  We used the car seat and she was fantasic.  I think I would have gone crazy waiting any longer...I wanted to get out and walk!
  • Options
    I think it was around 2.5 wks, and only b/c I had a c/s. Otherwise it would've been sooner. And it was mid-March in Saskatchewan. It was about -10 celcius. We just bundled her up and put her in the stroller completely reclined to flat (it turns into a bassinet type thing) and only went when it wasn't windy. She loved it and still does.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• Options
    4 days old. There's no reason to keep the baby in the house unless the weather is terrible. 
  • Options
    Our LO had her first walk the first day we were home from the hospital. She was a little jaundice and the pedi said to keep her warm but take her for a walk in the sun. As long as the neck is supported your good to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"