Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

once upon a child

I'm taking 2 laundry baskets full off clothing and shoes today. What should I except? I know people say they don't pay much but I don't want to hold on to all this clothing in case we decide ti have another since we have no plans to TTC. 

I also have a front carrier, play mat, baby swim tube, walker ride on toy. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: once upon a child

• Options

I list some stuff on spot's corner, or the swap spot on this board.  I also put lots together and sell them on ebay. 

I've never used a cosignment shop though

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    llc730llc730 member

I got about $2.50 each for some newborn clothes that were NWT. I have never sold any baby gear there. I would guess that condition of the items is going to be the big thing.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We took a lot of newborn clothes there that were dups for our shower that we didn't know what store they came from. There were probably about 10 outfits and they only gave us like $3 or $4. I would try craigslist first. We have sold a lot of things on there and people are always looking for baby items.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yeah, they don't pay a whole lot. Considering they sell most pieces of clothing between $2 and $5 you aren't going to get compensated much for them to make any profit. It is a quick and pain-free way to get rid of stuff quickly though, especially when you don't feel like dealing with CL.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

you should call your store first to see if they will even take what you have... they tend to take only certain seasonal items at a time when it comes to clothes (at least here they do), and they may not be looking for the larger items.

i've sold clothes and larger items to them but i get much more $ when i sell via Craigslist

click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Don't expect over $45 for EVERYTHING. My sister brought a ton of clothes, 90% of them still had the tags on them (she spent over 1k on clothes while she was pregnant, silly I know), play mat, bumbo, bjorn carrier and other items and toys. She was offered $40.
  • Options
    Also you may want to consider putting the baby cloths on thredup.com and just swapping them for stuff you actually need.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    g8trkimg8trkim member
    I've done pretty well there. Basically they pay you half of what they sell it for.

• Options
    Call your Once Upon a Child store and make an appointment to drop your items off, they paid out very well for items I sold. Call your store for details.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"