Pregnant after 35
Options

a good fish oil pill?

I showed the genetic counselor what I've been taking and she said the fish oil pills I'm taking have herbals in them and that wasn't a good idea. They are GNC brand. I didn't take one today but would like to resume taking one a day with my prenatals. Can you suggest a good fish oil pill with DHA that doesnt have herbal stuff in it?

TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: a good fish oil pill?

• Options

I take a prescription chewable prenatal with DHA that's not made from fish.

Select OB + DHA

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-152077-Select-OB+++DHA+Oral.aspx?drugid=152077&drugname=Select-OB+++DHA+Oral

I'm not sure how far along you are, but from what I read you really don't need the DHA component until you're third trimester.

I use these specifically because I need a good easy chewable due to my gastric bypass. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

Costco carries an excellent brand - Alaska Wild Organic Salmon fish oil pills.  Since they are wild caught fish, they are sustainable and better for the environment, they are organic and I'm just assuming that they don't have herbals in them.

My natropath told me that you should not have any effects from fish oil pills (i.e. the dreaded fish burp) unless the quality is a bit off. 

~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was taking the new chapter organics however I got horrible fishy burbs and I do not like fish at all.  It might just be a side effect for me I seem to be more gassy then I was.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I agree with the member who listed Costco. I use theirs and have had very little issue with them (despite the occasional fish burp....but I found if you freeze them and THEN take them....no problem with that at ALL)! GL!
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • Options
    Barlean's make a good one.
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    I get mine from Walmart -- plant based, though, so no fishy anything. The ones I get are 'prenatal' specific (says so on the label) and come in a bottle of 30 for $7. I can't remember the brand, but it's the only one my Walmart carries in a bottle vs. blister-pack.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love Nordic Naturals. My whole family takes them and thinks they are great and a good quality. Here is where you can get them https://backpainandpregnancy.blogspot.com/2011/10/v-behaviorurldefaultvmlo.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"