November 2011 Moms
Options

Scary

Just got the resuluts of my ultra sound.  Baby is fine but I have a benign cyct on my ovary.  Wow, that wasnt expected.  doont know what to think now.  Glad I did the ultra sound early.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Scary

• Options

T&P's to you on the cyct.

Glad to hear the baby is fine! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jb2rnjb2rn member

It's no big deal.

I had pain on my left side after my BFP, at my first u/s (6w4d) my doctor could see the cyst, it measured 25mm I think. It's been shrinking since then. And my pain went away.

It's not a big deal unless it's huge or you are in a lot of pain.

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejb2rn:

It's no big deal.

I had pain on my left side after my BFP, at my first u/s (6w4d) my doctor could see the cyst, it measured 25mm I think. It's been shrinking since then. And my pain went away.

It's not a big deal unless it's huge or you are in a lot of pain.

This. I get them all the time anyways, but after on went on the Clomid to conceive, I ended up with 3 big ones. The largest at last check had shrunk to 2 1/2 inches. Its been really painful, but there is really nothing I can do except wait for it to go away, and protect the area from my dogs and kids, and no sex. Boo!  

• Options

Cysts are no big deal unless they get too big. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome which means I have multiple reoccuring cysts on my ovaries. I had surgery in December to remove a dangerously large one, and a few smaller ones. My doctor and I both think its why I was able to get pg in February.

If it starts to cause you pain (and you'll know...its a consistent ache in the area on which the cyst is) contact your doctor. Otherwise, it might even go away on its own.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My doctor found a cyst on one of my ovaries during my first u/s as well; she said was normal to get them and nothing to worry about.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Same with previous posters. Cysts are fairly common with pregnancy. I had one the size of a golf ball when I miscarried last october at 8 weeks. I have one with this one, but not as big. Just causes me some pain when my bladder is full. No need to worry.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

You are supposed to have a cyst on your ovary in early pregnancy.  It's called a corpus luteum cyst and it supports the pregnancy until the placenta takes over.  I was told at my first u/s that I had one and it is the sign of a healthy pregnancy.  It should go away on its own eventually.

• Options
    imageFroggy76:

You are supposed to have a cyst on your ovary in early pregnancy.  It's called a corpus luteum cyst and it supports the pregnancy until the placenta takes over.  I was told at my first u/s that I had one and it is the sign of a healthy pregnancy.  It should go away on its own eventually.

This. My NT scan showed cyst-free ovaries today- indicating that my placenta had finally taken over! My doc said cysts are a GOOD thing. 

After two losses, a rainbow arrived! DD born 11.5.11
    Dx with severe Asherman's syndrome after a botched PP D&C (pursuing med mal)
    Hysteroscopy Oct '13, not enough progress 
    Hysteroscopy Jan '14, given an end-of-the-road diagnosis
    Joined International Asherman's Association April '14 
    Not ready to give up yet.
    Hysteroscopy with Dr. Isaacson (an expert in the USA) 6.2.14: Good prognosis, at least 50% of cavity open.
    Repeat hysteroscopy scheduled with Dr. I on 6.16.14. Great progress. Unbenched!!!!
    Discussing actively TTC with DH after the heartache of the last year. We're both reeling.

Please, please, please. 
  • Options
    I also had a pregnancy cyst that I found out about at 6 1/2 weeks. I was in a lot of pain and went to the ER and they told me it was a cyst,  which there is nothing to do. It will go away on its own.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nursery theme!Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    They found one on my left ovary at our u/s and I was freaked out. I had surgery in Oct where they found severe endo and removed a bunch of them.  The tech told us that it is normal to have a cyst on the ovary you got pg out of, so at least we know that one is working! I had a lot of pain in my left side twice this week - it was the same pain I was having pre-surgery - so I'm going to ask at my apt on Monday if this was the cyst going away, especially since I'm almost 11 weeks. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"