3rd Trimester
Options

Stretch marks. Boo.

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting rid of or fading out stretch marks? I use pure Vitamin E oil and Palmer's cocoa butter, and there is no fading of my stretch marks whatsoever!  Please share your secrets :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Stretch marks. Boo.

• Options
    After the baby is born, you could try a scar cream like mederma. I have used it on other scars and it really does work if you use it regularly!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    yeah stretch marks SUCK. None on my belly, but my upper legs look like I got clawed by a tiger. awesome. I'll be trying anything and everything after the baby comes. Crying
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Bio oil has worked for me on my belly, but not anywhere else. I have stretch marks on my hips and upper thighs..oh ya and boobs..and nothing I do in those areas works..but I've had success on my belly, I guess the skin is a little different there I don't know. I guess that's the only place I really honestly care if I can get rid of them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Time.

Most of them will fade with time, and the ones that don't you're pretty much stuck with. Unfortunately you can buy all the lotions and creams you want, but stretch marks are in the lower layers of the skin, so the products don't do anything other than feel good going on. They are also hereditary, and have to do with the elasticity of your skin, if your mom has them still, yours will likely linger a little as well.

• Options
    imagekennellys:

Time.

Most of them will fade with time, and the ones that don't you're pretty much stuck with. Unfortunately you can buy all the lotions and creams you want, but stretch marks are in the lower layers of the skin, so the products don't do anything other than feel good going on. They are also hereditary, and have to do with the elasticity of your skin, if your mom has them still, yours will likely linger a little as well.

Yep, this...it sucks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    OMG! I got freaking stretch marks on my upper thigh/hip area, my @ss and.....my inner left calf (????) not quite sure how the last one worked.... I didn't even gain that much weight! I will probably try the mederma stuff they keep advertising on tv
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    imagekennellys:

Time.

Most of them will fade with time, and the ones that don't you're pretty much stuck with. 

this was my experience.  i didn't get any with my last pregnancy, but i got a ton during puberty, and i remember how my hips looked like i'd been attacked by a tiger.  now, nearly two decades later, the lines are very faint and silvery.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I actually have only used Cocoa Butter and I dont know if that is helping or if I am just a little lucky, but I have not really gotten much stretch marks. I have a little on my sides and as of literally a couple weeks ago, I noticed two little marks near the center of my belly. I am continuing to use the Cocoa Butter and I dont know if it is necessarily fading mine, but it might be preventing. Could be luck though, because my mother got a TON of stretch marks, so I was expecting them. Might be the cocoa butter. I have heard using the oil is very good too. You might just have to try a few different prodcuts to find the one that works for you. =) good luck
  • Options
    imagekennellys:

Time.

Yes 

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"