2nd Trimester
Options

Any moms have their EDD changed after AS

Mine went from July 15th to July 3rd.  Confirmed by my doc today.  Said everything about the baby on the scan was measuring 12 days ahead in size and development. He even measured me today and said the new EDD was closer to where i actually was.  Any1 elses change?  On a side note i gained my 1st 3 lbs lol even though im still down -5lbs from pre pregnancy.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Any moms have their EDD changed after AS

• Options
    My LO was measure about five days bigger, so the tech said my EDD was closer to July 10, but the doctor didn't formally change it on any papers, and still refers to my original EDD.
  • Options
    I have my A/S scheduled for this Wednesday.  I have a feeling my due date will be moved up.  From my first ob appt to my second ob appt they moved it up almost a whole week.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I had my AS last week the tech said that he was measuring big and that I could be due anytime between July 31 and August 5. My original due date was Aug 5.
  • Options

My original due date was Aug 24th but after my AS, it is now Aug 14th.  I have been constantly measuring for around the 14th since my second dr's appt and after my AS they officially changed my date.  I am happy about it since hopefully it means that my LO will be here earlier:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My LO is measuring 1 week ahead, but my doctor says she doesn't change the EDD based on the 20 week u/s.
  • Options
    I am the opposite of what people have been posting.  My baby is measuring small.  I was admitted to the hospital in February and on ultrasound she was measuring for a due date of July 30.  At my anatomy scan she is measuring for an August 8 due date.  I am having a growth ultrasound in 4 weeks to check on things.  I have hyperemesis so she could be small because of that or the dates could be a bit off. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Did you have a dating scan done? If you did, and they are changing your edd, then I think they are being irresponsible. If they based your edd off your LMP, I can see why they'd do this. With DS, he measured almost three weeks bigger at my anatomy scan. I delivered him at 39 weeks. If they would have adjusted my edd based on the AS, I would have been induced at 36-37 weeks because they would have thought I was past my edd.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I haven't had my AS yet, but with DS they moved my EDD up a week as he measured 8 days ahead. The OB told me that she moved the date if there was more than a weeks difference in the measurement and the EDD. I delivered at 39wks 6 days, so I guess she was right on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

so with my first i went from dec. 20, to feb. 3rd, to jan. 30 and then to jan. 27- she was born jan. 13.

with my second i was due may 15, may 13, and may 9th, he was born may 2.

this time around i have been due sept. 10, sept 9, sept 7, sept 6... now looking at sept 2 and my ultra sound will be in mid april- so i am very sure it will change again. which wouldnt be bad bc i will NOT miss my youngests first day of kindergarten!!

• Options
    Am I the only one who doesn't know what AS is?  It is supposed to be ultrasound?  Sorry, I'm just confused.  
  • Options
    imageCassie730:

imageJHS16:
    Am I the only one who doesn't know what AS is?  It is supposed to be ultrasound?  Sorry, I'm just confused.  

Anatomy Scan. It's the u/s usually done around 20 weeks which is long (like 45 min) and they take good pics of legs, arms, heart, head. Measurements of the whole baby and you usually learn the sex. Otherwise known as the "big u/s"

Oh thanks!   I looked in the Bump glossary and it wasn't there.   

• Options

My doctor told me that after my first US (9 weeks) they wouldn't change the due date, even if baby measured bigger or smaller at a later date. Is it common for your EDD to be changed based on baby's size? How accurate was either due date if you're a second time mom that had the date recalculated? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageLissa832:
    Did you have a dating scan done? If you did, and they are changing your edd, then I think they are being irresponsible. If they based your edd off your LMP, I can see why they'd do this. With DS, he measured almost three weeks bigger at my anatomy scan. I delivered him at 39 weeks. If they would have adjusted my edd based on the AS, I would have been induced at 36-37 weeks because they would have thought I was past my edd.

Yes Good point.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"