Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

How long before i get my period?

I was just wondering how long it usually takes to get your period after you give birth. I was breastfeeding exclusively for about three months, but now i only breastfeed about once a day. It's been five months since DS was born and i was just wondering if i should be getting it soon? I don't think i could be pregnant, but since i haven't had my period it's hard to be sure.

Re: How long before i get my period?

• Options
    It varies, especially if you still breastfeed. I'd take a preggo test once a month just to be on the safe side though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    you can get pregnant without having a period first. many women will not get a period until they wean completely. I agree with PP that I would test monthly.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah i was thinking of getting a few just so i can periodically check. Thanks
  • Options
    I stopped BFing & pumping two months ago and FINALLY just got my first post pregnancy period. That was fun.

<3 Bumpie Veteran from December 2010 Mama's <3 -
    BFP - TTC Cycle #6: Clomid + HCG Trigger + TI + Progesterone - EDD: 12/11
    Beta #1: 4/1 - 51.5   Beta #2: 4/3 - 189   Beta #3: 4/6 - 778.9
    AMH: 1.06  FSH: 10.7
    DS: 11/2010 Clomid + HCG Trigger + IUI + Progesterone
  • Options
    I thought I was going to get mine last month sometime, but I didn't.  I was just spotting somewhat.  I still breast feed and pump though. I don't think I have to worry about the pregnant part.  We haven't done it since the end of Dec!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"