Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

DH just told me something interesting...

So DH and I are trying TTC this month but if it doesn't work out it'll be on hold until end of summer/fall (larger window to work around my school schedule). We were talking about drinking water and being healthy etc when all of a sudden he says:

"If we don't get pregnant this time then I'll have to quit drinking soda next time."

Apparently he read where drinking soda lowers sperm count/motility...the individual ingredients don't but something about the combo. I've never heard this before...anyone else know/hear about weird things that affect fertility?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DH just told me something interesting...

• Options
    I'm curious about this too....cuz DH drinks a lot of soda
    Married 04.23.07
    Hayden born 11.18.07
    BCP - March 08' -Feb. 09, Aug. 09' - Nov. 09'
    TTC #2 since Dec 09'
    10mgProvera :: 50mgClomid :: 75mg Gonal :: 112mg Gonal :: Ovidrel(trigger) :: Femara 2.5 mg
    TTC Blog
    23jpxmt<a href="http://s686.photobucket.com/albums/vv228/adburgett23/?action=view
  • Options

I had read this somewhere else too. DH drinks a ton of soda, I guess only time will tell how this will work out.

That's awesome that he is so much a part of the process.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I actually read in a few places that caffiene makes the motility better
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Here's an article about it.. but the guys would have to drink a lot every day for it to make a difference, so the article seems to say.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

When all else fails...GOOGLE!

https://www.foxnews.com/health/2010/03/30/soda-bad-sperm/

I think this makes sense. Maybe it isn't the soda that does it, but the lifestyle surrounding soda. I know my DH drinks about 5 or 6 Cokes a day but that is usually accompanied with fast food, red bulls, candy and other unhealthy things. (In some ways I already have a baby I guess!) I've read caffeine increases mobility too, so I think he should probably just eat healthier. My DH is very interested in fertility and TTC but he is so picky with his food, and eats NO veggies, I'm worried his sperm count is extremely low.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagebabiesbabiesbabies:

I had read this somewhere else too. DH drinks a ton of soda, I guess only time will tell how this will work out.

That's awesome that he is so much a part of the process.

It made me SOOO happy when he said that because he's really laid back and just kinda "whatever happens happens" It let me know he cares as much as I do Big Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagelnrsmith09:
    I actually read in a few places that caffiene makes the motility better

The article/show (not sure which) said that they don't know why it does it because when they tested the individual ingredients/factors such as caffeine it didn't hurt the sperm but for whatever reason the combined ingredients did.

Kind of reminded me of a friend who wasn't allergic to eggs, oil, vinegar, etc but was allergic to mayo...something about the combination.

• Options
    imagemrsfowler1016:

When all else fails...GOOGLE!

https://www.foxnews.com/health/2010/03/30/soda-bad-sperm/

I think this makes sense. Maybe it isn't the soda that does it, but the lifestyle surrounding soda. I know my DH drinks about 5 or 6 Cokes a day but that is usually accompanied with fast food, red bulls, candy and other unhealthy things. (In some ways I already have a baby I guess!) I've read caffeine increases mobility too, so I think he should probably just eat healthier. My DH is very interested in fertility and TTC but he is so picky with his food, and eats NO veggies, I'm worried his sperm count is extremely low.

Yes I love GOOGLE!! That actually makes tons of sense!

It's taken me 3 years to get DH to take better care of himself and I think a lot has to do with the fact that I have reminded him that its not just him anymore and he has a family to think about...still can't get him to drink water though lol

You should try that cookbook for kids that puts pureed veggies in brownies and stuff...I've heard its good =)

• Options

MY DH does not drink a lot of soda, but he drinks tons of coffee and energy drinks.

But my ex DH worked as a manager at a restaurant and would drink soda all day every day...somehow we managed to eat better and I conceived my 3 kids on the first month trying (well 1st DD was a pill baby)/

So I am not sure about the soda but like other PP said...the lifestyle that surround the sodas.... 

Photobucket BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't heard about the soda but did hear about the canned green beans having something called BPA that negatively affects the sperm.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"