Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Scared

So I'm not sure what's going on.

My fiance and I noticed I was feeling off and looked up symptoms (Cuz it's always easier looking at a list) and decided I should take a couple tests, especially since I was a week late. They were positive and we were extremely happy. Unfortunately, a couple days later I had pain (worse than my normal period pain) and I was bleeding. After I stopped, we took another test to make sure it was just a preg period (like what my friend Crystal had) and that it wasn't a M/c and it said negative. I'm really worried now. I have a doctor appointment scheduled for this week (I think Tuesday) and I'm afraid that she's going to confirm the test and tell me I lost it.

I've tried collecting my thoughts and keep calm, but it's hard. Any suggestions?

AhmandahAnarchy CodyyCaustic Forever and Always Your Guardian Angel ENGAGED Wish we met you: Djeri Vanessah Bonk due to be born on 10/3/11

Re: Scared

• Options

I'm so sorry for your loss. Based on what you descriped it sounds like it might have been a chemical pregnancy. Your doctor will be able to do a blood test and give you some more information. I hope you get some good news.

This board is a great group of ladies and I hope you can find some support on here. I know I did.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss.  It definitely sounds like a chemical pregnancy like the previous poster said. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So should I still tell my doctor when I see her this week or not?
    AhmandahAnarchy CodyyCaustic Forever and Always Your Guardian Angel ENGAGED Wish we met you: Djeri Vanessah Bonk due to be born on 10/3/11
  • Options

imageAhmandahAnarchy:
    So should I still tell my doctor when I see her this week or not?

Yes definitely talk to your doctor about it.  Even if the only thing that does is get it marked in your medical records.   I know someone that is having a hard time getting tested because her 1st 2 m/cs weren't documented in her medical history.  I'm not saying you will have more than one loss but it's best for it to be in your medical history if you have had a loss.   

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Options

Yes, please tell your doctor, especially if you are an RH negative blood type!!   Do you know?  If you are RH negative and have had a miscarriage, you will need to receive a rhogam shot to prevent the possibility of your body rejecting future pregnancies due to positive rh antibodies that could be in your bloodstream from the pregnancy.  I had to get rhogam shots during both of my 1st 2 pregnancies at the normal 28 week mark and after the births of each of my two children as well as after my miscarriage back in September.  I was around 4-6 weeks when I miscarried and there was a sac but no embryo seen, but I still had to receive the rhogam shot.

I'm very sorry for your loss!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"