3rd Trimester
Options

Finally in the home stretch...

So, yesterday my Bump update tells me I've entered into the 3rd trimester...

I'm excited, because I can't wait to meet my daughter, but this is my first and though I have lots of experience with babies, they've never been mine and I didn't have the option of passing them back to their mom to be comforted or changed, if necessary.

So, I'm a little terrified! It feels like DH & I don't have anything ready for her arrival!!! The nursery is in demolition mode, the registry is pretty much complete, but I don't know how much of the necessities we're going to receive from friends & family, so I'm stressing about all the stuff we need... I'm already pretty tired and really grumpy a LOT, so how much worse will it get... and lastly, I've had to banish my first babies (2 of my younger cats) to the big wide world of outside and they are acting as if they've never seen me before. They stand at least 15 feet away and cry like they want me, but won't let me near them. I cry for hours because I'm afraid they're going wild and I won't ever cuddle and love on them again.

So, I'm 90 days from EDD and happy, excited, and terrified... I'm guess I'm not the only one, but I had to let it all out.

Good luck to everyone! I know I'm going to need it!!!!

Re: Finally in the home stretch...

• Options
    Why did you have to banish your cats to be outside cats?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageJustOne:

I was wondering the same thing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageo2bme:

imageJustOne:

Me too. Cats should not be outdoors, its just not safe for them since they are normally inside cats. Cats and babies have been getting along just fine since people started to have pet cats. 

• Options
    imageGinafawny:
    imageo2bme:

imageJustOne:

Me too. Cats should not be outdoors, its just not safe for them since they are normally inside cats. Cats and babies have been getting along just fine since people started to have pet cats. 

All this. We have 4 cats and they took to my dd just fine when she was born.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Bring the cats inside and give them a nice bath (if they will let you...since they've been outside I'm sure they are stinky!).  You don't need to keep them out.

And no worries, the third tri is by FAR the longest. lol.  At least it seems that way.  I feel like I've been in my 3rd tri my entire pregnancy, but only have been for a little over a month!  It drags on FOREVER!

image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

First of all----congrats on making it to the 3rd trimester!  :)  You will not feel prepared until she is here....trust me....then everything just falls into place.  It is amazing how much we all stress about not being ready...but then you look back and laugh at yourself as it becomes easier.  

Not sure why your cats are outside now??  BIG MYTH on not being able to have cats near your kids...unless there is a huge allergy history it should not be an issue.  If you are concerned about the cat getting into the crib/bassinet, have these things set up before hand.  Put a layer of tinfoil on the mattresses loosely.   If your cat jumps in there, it will scare him/her - breaking the habit really quickly.  Cats are more likely to get diseases, fleas or injuries when they are outdoors, which can be more dangerous for your child

Wishing you the best of luck on being able to have a happy little family...including those cats :)  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"