Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Just had my first 'bad mother moment'

My 10 month old just fell off my bed Sad I let her take her naps on my bed and I thought she had falled asleep so I walked right outside my room when I heard the thump followed by her saddest cry... she only cried for 2 minutes and seems to be just fine but I still feel like the worst mother in the world!!

Re: Just had my first 'bad mother moment'

• Options
    Does you baby roll? If so, this is really not a safe option for naps and I am surprised it didn't happen sooner. Glad she is ok though.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    She crawls... I know I know I'm never letting her nap there again!!! Sad
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagegfiocco1:
    She crawls... I know I know I'm never letting her nap there again!!! Sad

You're not a bad mother. It happens. I would question only if you continued to do it knowing that she has fallen off the bed before. Was the bed high? I would watch her for the rest of the day to make sure she isn't vomitting or anything like that.

• Options
    Don't beat yourself up it happens.  Luckily DD caught on about how to get down from the bed last month because she loves to play up there while I get ready for work.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This happened to us when DS was a few months old.  It was scary, but he was fine.  Obviously we never let him on the bed again!  You are not a bad mother, just naps in the crib from now on.  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    Yeeeah, don't do that anymore. Put your baby in her crib.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"