May 2011 Moms
Options

Depression?

With my first pregnancy I was happy and didn't have major mood swings.  Although i did have a few, It didn't cause any major problems.  With this pregnancy, recently I have experienced severe anxiety and extreme sadness.  I haven't had signs of depression before this pregnancy but I really haven't felt like doing much of anything.  Its hard for me to get up and just do normal things like get my son lunch.  Is this normal or should I talk to my doctor?

Re: Depression?

• Options
    if i was u sweetie i would deff talk to my dr about this.. you could possiblly be going through depression or maybe your just wore out and need to take some time and make it you time :)
  • Options
    Talk to your doctor! Keeping yourself happy and healthy benefits everyone. You don't want to start feeling worse to the point you feel you can't talk to someone.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definitely talk to your doctor.  It can't hurt, and can only help!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I would definitely talk to your Dr.  Depression during pregnancy is actually more common than ppd and there are medicines that you can take.

I'm seeing a psychiatrist who specializes in depression during pregnancy and the postpartum period for depression that started as PPD/PPA after DS was born, but wasn't diagnosed until much later.  She has me on zoloft and it has made a world of difference with both my anxiety and depression.

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"